The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

turbo oil drain cheap fix

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ok I know you can just buy a kit that will do this but I cant a ford it right now so I came up with this I hope it will work fine I dont see why it wouldn't so here you go let me know what you guys think. I had to do this because neither my 14b drain or my t25 drain would fit it was as if they weren't long enough.

Parts:
5/8 heater hose about 1 1/2 foot long
2 hose clamps
old 14b oil drain
new gaskets

Tools:
10mm socket
ratchet(I used Quarter inch drive)
extension
5/16 socket or flat head screwdriver
cut off wheel
pb blaster or wd40

here are the steps I did,

step 1) Remove drain tube or find old one

step 2) Put drain in vise or hold on very tight and cut about 2 inches from the flange on the straightest part, then cut just after the bend on the other end so that it is straight as possible.

step 3) Put those two ends on the turbo and oil pan, it dont really matter which one goes where(with new gaskets or silicone).

step 4) Spray the turbo side and put your hose up on it for a mach up then put the hose to the pan right next to the other flange and cut it so that when you push it all the way on it wont kink or bind up.

step 5) Leave the turbo side on and slide both the clamps on and tighten down the turbo side, then spray the pan side and put the hose on and clamp it down

Now if its kinked at all I would start all over. With the hose I mean. LOL I have pics just cant figure out how to put them on here. if any one could help me ill put the pics up.

Attachments

• Photo-0289(2).jpg
    Photo-0289(2).jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 246
  • Photo-0290.jpg
    Photo-0290.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 240
  • Photo-0291.jpg
    Photo-0291.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 273
  • Photo-0292.jpg
    Photo-0292.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 255
  • Photo-0293.jpg
    Photo-0293.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 255
  • Photo-0294.jpg
    Photo-0294.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 250
Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back