The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Tuner Transformation

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tuner is actually a decent show, they do some pretty nice stuff. 240 sr swap, 4agze swap in the corolla, srt4 agp, turbo east is300, vishnu evo nice power on those cars.
There are some cars I would like to see upgraded.
Dsm turbo
mr2 turbo
supra tt
300zx
3000gt vr4
and some v8's

at least it's not all about the bling :barf: like Pimp my ride is :notgood:

Anybody know where I can sign up? :D I'd like thousands of dollars in parts...just sell everything I didn't like after the show. Even though they usually only start with cars that are really nice to begin with. :notgood: Like somebody above mentioned, most of the people on there look like they can already afford the upgrades anyways. M3, A4, IS300... :|

phastalon said:
I think tuner transformation is one of the better shows out there right now. They have made several impressive cars up to this point. My favorites so far were the sleeper sti and the 400 whp srt-4. Those cars were freakin raw.

That STi buildup was total crap. All of that work they did, and they still had 0-60 times that was slower than what Road & Track had when they tested a bone stock one. They've only really did two good cars. They took a Corolla SR5 hatch and swapped in a supercharged 4A-GE from a first gen MR2, and they did an engine swap on a CRX, whis was also crap because they put in a B16. A friggin' B16. Not a B18C, not a LS/VTEC frankenmotor, but a regular B16 that he probably could've done himself. They didn't even bother to slap an Edelbrock turbo on it. I thought that kid was going to cry when he saw his car and they tried to impress him with that DC sports header.

All three of those guys are asses. And don't let me get started on Pimp My Ride.

Quasimondo said:
That STi buildup was total crap. All of that work they did, and they still had 0-60 times that was slower than what Road & Track had when they tested a bone stock one. They've only really did two good cars. They took a Corolla SR5 hatch and swapped in a supercharged 4A-GE from a first gen MR2, and they did an engine swap on a CRX, whis was also crap because they put in a B16. A friggin' B16. Not a B18C, not a LS/VTEC frankenmotor, but a regular B16 that he probably could've done himself. They didn't even bother to slap an Edelbrock turbo on it. I thought that kid was going to cry when he saw his car and they tried to impress him with that DC sports header.

All three of those guys are asses. And don't let me get started on Pimp My Ride.

Lol, and that B16 ended up at my shop and they butchered the shit out of it, honestly what a disaster. A mish mash or parts that were totally wrong. We spent 8 hours fixing it, really it was dangerous to drive on the street in that condition.. That show is done about 30-40 mins away from where we are, and it's all bullshit. The show sucks ass honestly I can't stand watching it and I know the guy who do it. The "Asian" guy who is Filipino used to run a good race series here but he let it go into the dumper and everybody hates him now so he is doing this show dodging bullets from all the bounced cheques from the racers.. Smells like IDRC a few years ago.. (I don't Receive Cash hahha..)

What's with all the Canadian content on Speed? Is it the stench of Murdoch seeping through?

I want to audition for the rock bands they use. With an Uzi.

Defiant said:
All the "entertainment" shows on SpeedTV suck hard.
Bah not even 5th Gear? Luckily Discovery picker up Top Gear, but I enjoy those sort of shows. To each his own though. :thumb:
On a side note, I think all the tuner shows are garbage, and enjoy the restoration shows thoroughly like the "Car is Born" series. I avoid anything that depicts "car drama" like the plague, however.
Trucks is a GREAT show, by the way :shhh: , despite the host.

i think pimp my ride is sweet...i mean who wouldnt want an expresso machine in their middle console and a mini chandelere sp** hangin from their roof...jk jk jk NOT NEEDED AT ALL...first thing i hope those ppl do when they get home is took all the audio and video out an sell it on ebay

The corrola was a decent show, so was the sti and the m3 I thought. You can tell they have a really limited budget and I think they'd be better off if they left just the suspension guy on there (the one white dude). The asian guy always wants to do some strange mod that won't add up to much hp gain, and the other guy wants to blow the whole budget on some retarded bodykit.

It'd be interesting to do a show like this for dsm'ers or honda guys, by a group of 5 or 6 of the better known guys from one of the big forums for their particular cars give them $8000 to spend on some guys car and give them a reasonable time frame of a week or two to get it done and done right. I think that'd make for one hell of a show.

phastalon said:
I think tuner transformation is one of the better shows out there right now. They have made several impressive cars up to this point. My favorites so far were the sleeper sti and the 400 whp srt-4. Those cars were freakin raw.

they also converted some toyota paseo to RWD by using a drivetrain from a truck and basicly a new frame.

mavisky said:
The corrola was a decent show, so was the sti and the m3 I thought. You can tell they have a really limited budget and I think they'd be better off if they left just the suspension guy on there (the one white dude). The asian guy always wants to do some strange mod that won't add up to much hp gain, and the other guy wants to blow the whole budget on some retarded bodykit.

It'd be interesting to do a show like this for dsm'ers or honda guys, by a group of 5 or 6 of the better known guys from one of the big forums for their particular cars give them $8000 to spend on some guys car and give them a reasonable time frame of a week or two to get it done and done right. I think that'd make for one hell of a show.

http://www.powerblocktv.com/newhostapp.aspx

I saw this when I was watching PowerBlock on spike this weekend. Even if they don't pick a DSM'er, it'd be nice if they hired a couple of sport tuner guys who care about something besides bodykits, neon lights, and nawz when it comes to imports.

I have watched TT. Dont really like it much. The one I did like was the srt-4 that they had dyno tuned and such for over 400whp.

BiGGinZ

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back