The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

2G Tubular adjustable suspension parts for the entire chassis. Tubular subframes

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Will do, it should be up in a thread next week i hope

Be sure to add me to that thread as well. Not sure if I will be needing them or not, but I may have someone else interested in a set.

Be sure to add me to that thread as well. Not sure if I will be needing them or not, but I may have someone else interested in a set.
Ok buddy, i shall do

So for those not following the sale thread for the rears i will update with recent findings and goings on,

I had a hard time finding my tube spec and what appears the UK in whole dont stock it anymore which is weird as i got it so easily not long ago! So i have no chance of getting it again! And now my 2nd choice imperial is now tough to get ahold of! Honestly not sure whats going on atm with metal here as we lost a few highly used sizes over the last year at work so spent months finding it and importing certain sizes ourselfs at a cost though!

So my rear trailing arms i made from 20mm OD 3mm walled CDS close to oem size (20mmx2mm ERW) and then had to go to 20.6 which is some imperial size but we happen to have enough in stock at work to get the job done however!!!

Now i have to readjust it again and this time should be safe for a while for the next batch and these will be 1" OD 2mm walled CDS and a machined bush in the other end! Because its now 1" OD the overall strength has increaded so i dropped it back down to stock 2mm wall size and is still stronger then oem because of the OD size, this also shaves some further weight off the arms so now they weigh in at 13.3 oz not 14oz like the 20.6mm 3mm ones

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Last edited:
I got a package today! And look what was inside of it!!! You know what this means LOL. It will take me a while to jig and do one as im still deciding how im going to incorp adjustments for the arms, i might have to redesign the front Compression arm to suit the frame. But the way i have ended up with might still allow some adjustment in the stock frame, shall see what happens in the near future,

First im going to deal with the back frame for now and move onto the front after, much more exploring to do,

I got a package today! And look what was inside of it!!! You know what this means LOL. It will take me a while to jig and do one as im still deciding how im going to incorp adjustments for the arms, i might have to redesign the front Compression arm to suit the frame. But the way i have ended up with might still allow some adjustment in the stock frame, shall see what happens in the near future,

First im going to deal with the back frame for now and move onto the front after, much more exploring to do,

Another day another update!! I just have so much in development its unreal, LOL

This time its brackets for my rear subframe build, this allows me to have a wide and more precise adjustment range in the subframe, the same brackets are going to be used on my toe arms aswel as i want the most amount of adjustment to then fine tune after initial setup. Its got main bolt holes with a support around the outside to aid the bolts strength with holding the washer in place to,

Going to start work on the frames jig soon,

Im off to the autosport show this friday and have a few companys to talk to about producing bushes or assisting bushes for ideas ive been drawing up, they just ideas so might not go ahead but at least i will know if certain things are possible or not,

Well folks here it is!!! My newly designed rear FWD Tubular subframe. Its only tacked together currently as final mock up and test fitting will be done before its fully welded plus any additional bracing or adjusting can be done now also,

Its a tad overkill in terms off all the tube being the same size and thickness and the top mounting bushes are way thick and could be thinned out a bit but its sturdy.

I am thinking i want to make 1 revision already and thats the curved tube, while its nice how it is its a bit tight around the fuel pipe under the car, it will touch and clearing that would be ideal, im going to modify the fuel pipe and filler anyway so it might stay as it is, i shall decide soon.

All this tube is high grade CDS tube 32mm OD and 2mm wall, in total i gained just over 1 LB! But i dont mind that as its now alot stronger then OEM and my goal was for adjustment and weight was 2nd priority. I now have finer height adjustments on both arms and a max of 1.25" adjustability

Oem is 6.4kg
Mine is a smidge under 7kg

So i could drop down in OD tube size and wall thickness for the bracing tubes and leave the main structure alone that combined with thinning out the chassis mounting bosses could bring it closer to 6-6.3kg as a guess, shall see if i decide to go this route next week.

Enjoy the pics and let me know what you think.

Last edited:
That is looks awesome sir!!!!!
thanks dude, ive been excited to make this for ages and this week ive been more excited then ive been in a while to get this done! its a big step and feat for me,

Makes me wanna get a FWD just so I could put it on!
I used to be the same on the AWD, I have what I have so I have to make what I need to get the best out of this car

Now the front but it has to drop weight off the nose!
The front will be easier to shed weight off, the rear FWD frame is not exactly heavy to begin with.

So its complete!!! Well kinda, ARB mounts to do but im going to make my own bar now so i am going to relocate the mountings for it to suit my design, should be done maybe next weekend or the weekend after that,.

Weight is 6.15 KG! So i am 0.25kg lighter now, so thats nice, i can get it down just under 6kg if i took the mounting points and thin its surface out a tad and cut an edge off it as its just excess. For now i will stick with this and maybe in the future do a lighter version from T45 tube

I adjusted some things for more strength and to try to triangulate things more.

I ditched the front upper support as i felt it was not needed and all the inner crossover support tubes i went down to 1" tube. I also had to adjust the toe bracket to a 3 hole instead of the 4 as i needed the space to miss the fuel pipe underneath,

I was calculating last night and i can get some nice weight reduction if i was to use T45 aerospace tube! But to do this would be $270 just in tube!!! Lol

I will see how this one goes and if i want to loose the weight later on i know i can.

It all fits nicely and now just touches the hose clamp for the fuel filler hose, sits nice and tight in its place.

Last edited:
Another piece of the puzzle done, these are my new ARB bush brackets, I have now decided to make my own ARB (anti roll bar) so i will be making it 22mm OD so i bought some poly bushes and made them to fit around them. Once my metal turns up i can get making the 22mm ARB anti roll bar and then get this lot of to the coated so i can get this bolted on the car already!!

Last edited:
Another piece of the puzzle done, these are my new ARB bush brackets, I have now decided to make my own ARB so i will be making it 22mm OD so i bought some poly bushes and made them to fit around them. Once my metal turns up i can get making the ARB and then get this lot of to the coated so i can get this bolted on the car already!!

Oooooooo......very interesting

Shall update here aswel because i posted alot of the development here,

Been developing my rear subframe and managed to squeeze in a few hours to install this frame, i still need to do some final adjusting and calculating as i need to get the roll centers good to work with the front. Currently the fro ts raised up too much and its making the front and rear balance way off and that relates to a slower acting rear or swaying because the rear instant center is further away from the C of G so rsising the lower arms will help with this and help with less roll and also get the front to rear working together again!

So for now its just in and a small test drive but i will spend some time soon to plot out the arms and try see what i can do to get the front and rear working together again!

That sway bar setup thooooo
Yeah its awesome right! I need to redo the droplinks but thats about it so far, just need to make it longer to straighten the cantilevers out as they point up a bit currently. Not ideal for load or working correctly

Since the last update about the rear frame it keot playing on my mind about how much T45 really would save on weight so i decided to take the plunge and find out. On this one i decided to use the 4bolt toe arm mounting to keep adjustments equal across top and bottom, this means i have to modify or make a new fuel pipe as the frame does touch when using the taller 4 bolt bracket. Not a hard fix just another thing to add on my todo list! Haha

T45 is really strong Aerospace tube and its strength to weight is what makes it ideal in motorsport. So i decided to keep it the same OD tubing which is 32mm and 25.4mm but took the wall thickness down from 2.0mm to 1.6mm. even doing this the material and structure is still over 2x as strong due to hoe T45 is made.

It is just tacked but i weighed the frame last time just tacked.

The first frame (CDS tube) i managed to get it to 6.15 KG or 13.55 LBS
(T45 tube) came in at 4.8 KG or 10.58 LBS

So i managed to loose 1.35 KG or 2.97 LBS.

My initial projection i calculated online was closer to 4 KG but it is not always accurate and all the calculators i checked always differed.

So i am happy with the nee weight result just not as much as i wanted ideally but hey, the oem rear fwd frame is not exsctly heavy anyway, its just stamped steel sheets afterall.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back