The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

TSI transfer case

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dustyaa

Probationary Member
Jun 29, 2013
Hilliard, Ohio
I am a new member here. Just picked up a 95 TSI and on my way home the transfer case broke! Looking for a replacement. Any suggestions? Looks like it also screwed up the shaft from the trans to the transfer case. It is a manual trans. Do I need to drop the trans to remove this shaft? Mitch

Attachments

• Talon transfer case 008.jpg
    Talon transfer case 008.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 266
  • Talon transfer case 003.jpg
    Talon transfer case 003.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 228
wow really screwed up the teeth on the output shaft on the tranny, probably need to pull the tranny and tear it apart and replace it ha that transfer case is done for

Was able to pull trans side cover off to get the shaft out. Had to buy a core trans just to get the shaft. Got it back together. Transfer case should arrive Friday and hopefully it will be back on the road.

Make sure your yoke doesn't leak, and throw some redline heavyduty shockproof in it. New input and output shaft seal on the transfer case wouldn't hurt either. Just throwing it out there

Thanks for the advice. Got new tcase and installed last night. All is well and working as it should!

Going to replace the seals. Does anyone know the part #'s? I'm having trouble finding the correct ones. I know that 91-96 should work. Looks like a new yoke on the front of the driveshaft.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back