The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

1G Trying to convert back to stock fuel tank, a way to test stock harness?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Red_EcliPzE_GsX

20+ Year Contributor
Nov 25, 2002
Irving, Texas
Hello everyone,

I recently picked up a 90 gsx, and previous owner ran a really hacked up fuel cell setup on the vehicle. I want to convert it back to stock tank and sending unit.

Car is currently setup with unknown fuel pump direct hardwired to battery, and I have to flip a switch to turn the pump on.

Unfortunately the car does not have the original sending unit, all that is left is the stock harness in the trunk.

I am in the process of purchasing a good condition stock tank and sending unit(crazy rare I know). My question is, is there a way to test the stock harness in the trunk, to make sure that the stock sending unit/pump will even turn on whenever I do receive the sending unit and try plugging it in? I just want to try to stay ahead of the game here as I await delivery on the tank and sending unit.

I have attached some pictures. I am more than happy to take more pictures wherever ya'll need me to in order to better assist me.

Doing some light research on here, I've seen others mention the test fuel pump connector on fire wall, a fuel pump relay in cabin near ecu, and the fuel pump relay on battery terminal? Not sure if any of these would be related in trying to test that harness in the trunk.

Please help, thanks everyone.

Attachments

• harness.jpg
    harness.jpg
    590 KB · Views: 53
  • pump.jpg
    pump.jpg
    356 KB · Views: 58
  • pump2.jpg
    pump2.jpg
    439.4 KB · Views: 54
this makes me really sad.....hacked is an understatement. Your best bet is millers imports. I have a stock tank in good condition id be willing to sell. Its an 92 awd tho.

this makes me really sad.....hacked is an understatement. Your best bet is millers imports. I have a stock tank in good condition id be willing to sell. Its an 92 awd tho.

Thanks but my question isn’t about finding a stock tank, my question is if there is a way to test the stock harness or connection to the stock sending unit without actually having a sending unit.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back