The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Transponders

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gsxitement

20+ Year Contributor
Dec 9, 2002
DOBBS FERRY, New_York
So, I'm getting tired of having to always rent a transponder from the group I run with. Not that it's expensive, it's like 40 bucks per event. But I would like to get my own. Anyone have recommendations? I would rather not get one with a subscription but I know that's how a lot of them work. Also, I need a transponder for the sanctioning body to record my lap times because I'm going for a championship this year, so something Harry's lap timer is out. Thanks in advance.

i believe Mylaps is the one thats known and supported world wide, check your series as they will confirm its the one im going to be getting anyway, get the wired in version if you plan to keep it in 1 car

https://speedhiveshop.mylaps.com/car/x2-transponder-car.html

Seems like I'd probably do the 1 year subscription cause I don't know my full plans for next season. It should pay for itself before this season is over, so that's good. Gonna look into it. Great info as always.

Juat make sure your series is linked to use that one, i dont know of many more so they kinda have the market cornered really so i dont see whay it wont be ok

Juat make sure your series is linked to use that one, i dont know of many more so they kinda have the market cornered really so i dont see whay it wont be ok

Well I know we use the AMB one they mention in the description, so it should be fine. Gonna call the series and make sure though.

But if you can find an old hardwired one you will be very happy. No more stupid charging and no subscription fee (one time transfer fee though with AMB). They are very hard to find though.

AMB is such a racket, pretty much have a monopoly in the US.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back