The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

1G TPSVolts Look Good, but TPS Position at 0%

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

akamiller

Proven Member
Nov 15, 2013
Boca Raton, Florida
Hi All, having a bit of an issue. I sent my throttlebody off for rebuild and received it back ready to go with the TPS sensor being tested and confirmed in good working condition. It's back on the car, the car starts and idles perfectly fine, but when I give it gas, it hits about 2000 rpms and then starts surging. After doing some logging, I noticed that the TPSVolts were reading as they should, but the Throttle Position was always reading 0% no matter how far I push down the gas.

Should I be looking at the wiring harness? What other things should I be looking at?

Thanks in advance!

Hmm, if the sensor tested correctly then maybe it is some type of connection issue. It should read some positive percentage when you get on the throttle. Check the plug and connector. Maybe some type of grease or soap got in there.

yes, they were in there from a previous adjustment. I should remove those adjustments and start over correct?
As @Vegas smith said redo is a good idea. better do it each time when you move the TPS. and How much voltage is ECMLink showing for Min/Close and Max/WOT? Sounds like it is not reading the voltage when the throttle is open.

Curious to see what it was I'm basically having the same issue. I'm not on link unfortunately. My issue is from a dead stop to about 2200 to 2300rpm. I'm extremely confused on this issue.

Hi All, having a bit of an issue. I sent my throttlebody off for rebuild and received it back ready to go with the TPS sensor being tested and confirmed in good working condition. It's back on the car, the car starts and idles perfectly fine, but when I give it gas, it hits about 2000 rpms and then starts surging. After doing some logging, I noticed that the TPSVolts were reading as they should, but the Throttle Position was always reading 0% no matter how far I push down the gas.

Should I be looking at the wiring harness? What other things should I be looking at?

Thanks in advance!
Start from the top
http://www.ecmtuning.com/wiki/v3tpsadj

Thanks in advance!
What you're saying doesnt make sense. Ifvoltage is fine it cant be zero. Is the zero item your IDLE position sensor?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back