The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

2G TPS low voltage

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moparbishi

15+ Year Contributor
Sep 15, 2007
Fremont, Nebraska
Hello, I am trying to get to the bottom of why my 98 talon doesn't want to read the proper throttle position sensor voltage. It reads around .23v with my foot off the pedal and around .86 wot. I can offset the tps on dsmlink by 200% and it essentially doubles my voltage, but still only reads 33% throttle when I am flooring it, obviously causing it to run like crap.

The tps sensor is good, even tried swapping with a know good one. I did the ohm test between the terminals on the tps and it checked out good. I also sent the ecu in dsmlink and it tested ok on their bench tester. I also tested for continuity at the ground coming off the tps pigtail and I have a good ground.

The voltage for yellow/red (IPS switch) was reading 4.76v at the tps and the harness coming off the ecu. The brown/red (tps output voltage) was reading .23v foot off the throttle and .86v wot.

Now I tested the voltage of the green/yellow wire (+5v sensor power) at the tps pigtail and the pigtail straight out of the ecu and it only reads 1.05v. I believe this is where my problem lies, I just cant figure out why there is only 1.05vs coming out of the green/yellow wire.

I'm assuming there is some type of damage to that wire. Consider replacing that wire or jumping it with a test wire and see if that helps.

I have ecm link but no speed density, running 2g maf.

I don't think green/yellow wire has damage because I am getting the same volts at the tps connector as I am straight off of the ecu (1.05v)

Stupid question. If I were to use a jumper wire how would I get my 5v power powersource?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back