The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Together We Can Achieve MORE!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TSIturbo91

10+ Year Contributor
Dec 19, 2009
Oswegatchie, New_York
Hey my fellow northern New Yorkers,

I thought I would see if anyone had interest in getting together and helping one another on our cars. We all have something's that's gotta be done, LOL. And being all the way up here means its harder to find fellow DSMers. Anyway I figure why not see if anyone needs help or likes to help. Personally I have plenty of tools like an engine lift, engine stand, air tools, paint gun, jacks, ect. I have 10+ years experience of working on cars, 3 of them in a body shop as a painter and I'm a Master Detailer. Coolest car I ever did was a dodge viper srt10 and the most expensive was a M-Benz CL 55 AMG $120,00+. So I'm not just a car washer. I figure credentials may help someone decide better if they would like help. Not for nothing but who wants help from a 16 year old that may just make a problem worse. So letting everyone know your skill level might get them to not be shy.

Well I'm looking forward to seeing something come from this. I know there's a chance this thread will die but hey, worth a shot.

Not a bad idea. Though i think alot of us are spread out so we arnt really 'local' to many other dsmers. As far as credentials go for me i have been in a garage most of my life. Along with that im also an aircraft mechanic with close to ten years experience to include building an airplane from blue prints.

Yea, up here I'm sure were all spread out. I know I'm the only DSM for miles here. I'm close to an hours drive east from Watertown on route 3 in oswegatchie ny. Not much out here. A lot of fun roads and not many cops. Even wheelers are allowed on most of the roads.

So what projects ya have going on with your car?

I have a motor and tranny swap to do. I blew the head gasket on it. Got a good deal on a dog box trans and built block though. So I cant wait to get it back on the road. Just been waiting on warmer weather and a free weekend.

Well I wonder if anyone else will chime in...

Haha plans with my car.... get it off jacks and on the road again LOL. Um lets see awd swap, evo seat install, install the following; ecmlink, afpr, bastard 20g turbo after its rebuilt, tial wastegate, pte 680 injectors. I need to weld up the front passenger strut tower. Keep planning my custom wide body... far down the road of course along with the awd swap. Need to get my stripped gsx out of my garage. Need to clean my garage LOL. Um not sure what else... oh need to cut up an o2 housing and weld flanges for my waste gate. Think thats it right now... oh one last thing... i need my motivation back LOL

Well your motivation should be at the top of the list of things to do, LOL. I'm getting mine back with the warm weather. And I thought I had a big todo list LOL. I also have a walbro 255, AEM FPR to go in. But that can wait till after my swap. They're just to prepare for bigger and better things.

So I figure if we're serious about this a system like every available weekend switching back and forth on each others cars would make it easy to keep things fair and ensure all DSMs are treated equal. But this can be talked about further later. Just an idea...

For me this weekend I was going to make some more room for my swap and just generally prepare for it. I just finished moving about a month ago and my stuff is still a bit of a mess. Also I have a reunion to go to so I don't have enough time this weekend.

Let me know if we can strike up a system of work and get a plan together. The fact I might have help makes the bigger plans seem smaller all of a sudden. Personally I don't know anyone in my area that I would trust working on my car. My lawn tractor sure, my car, No. Lol

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back