The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

The Unofficial Official 2G headlight/taillight difference A/B faq

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wow i wish this was up when i bought a 97-99 front bumper for my 95 and was wondering why the lights didnt fit. I did fix the problem with a little trimming but wouldve saved me a lot of cluelessness. I have 95 projector lights and didnt feel like spending the money on some 97's to make it fit right and I hate the way the 95 bumper looks

Very useful information!!!

Glad you took the effort to show the DSM world!

Hopefully people use the
SEARCH BUTTON!

I want to do the conversion for the front and keep the back 2GA , until I get the funds for the back!

Great info. Probably saved me some headache when I go to swap out my lights.

Very useful guide.

I just ordered my 2Gb headlights so now i know i will have a gap until i get my aftermarket bumber.

Might be worth making a small mesh insert for now just to get the look :)

Peter

Quick question for aftermarket front bumpers like blitz which one fits better & looks better?Also you shouldn't have to trim the bumper for either one?

Nobody has mentioned the "bubble" in the corner of the 2GB headlights.I am not sure if ALL 2GB's have it or not, but all the ones I have seen do. It is purely cosmetic and does not affect fittment alone, but it's a difference in any case. Just thought that might be worth bringing up.

Nate

I have a drift bumper for a 95-99 thatappears to use 97-99 headlights. I have a 95 ga, was going to order 97 headlights before reading this. Now I'm curious does anyone else know if they'd work or not or am I just taking a shot in the dark?

^ maybe testfit the bumper before seeing if you need to order the headlights. Thatll save you a headache and cash too.

I've heard of people using the 2ga lights on a 2gb bumper , the bumper just overlaps. Will the bumper still mount correctly if its overlapping the lights? If anyone had pics that would be great!

okay so we all know the bumper doesnt line up with the headlights if you swap, i am switching to 2gb headlights on my 96 eclipse, are the connections the same because i only see one set of connectors and my halo headlights hook up to 1 wire harness when my new headlights have 2 separate connectors on each lights, i will also be hooking up an HID kit and have NO CLUE how to do that either

okay so we all know the bumper doesnt line up with the headlights if you swap, i am switching to 2gb headlights on my 96 eclipse, are the connections the same because i only see one set of connectors and my halo headlights hook up to 1 wire harness when my new headlights have 2 separate connectors on each lights, i will also be hooking up an HID kit and have NO CLUE how to do that either

Aftermarket Halo projectors do not use the same bulbs or connections as the OEMs.

Both 2Ga and 2Gb OEM headlights have the same connectors.

This is exactly the information I was looking for!

I got a 98 Mitsubishi Galant and I want to put some aftermarket headlight assemblies in it but I can’t find any that are made for it,ex. Projector halo lenses. Does anyone know of any other model that will fit in it?

Anyone have some insight as to how difficult the 2ga-2gb swap is regarding the fog lights? Do they use same bulb with different housing? is there extra hardware involved? Thanks in advanced.

This is a solid gold post and thread. My 2ga car came with 2gb bumper and headlights; I now will swap on a 2ga bumper and live with 'the gap' until the bank account recovers. I'll figure out the intercooler duct when I get the thing open. Fog lamps are missing so that's just buy the 2ga version rather than the 2gb's. Thanks!

I guess you have to use jackstands to change oil in a 2gb car -- no ramps I've seen would fit.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back