The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G The MYTH of the Galant knuckle!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I thought it was about time to put this MYTH to bed and get it overwith!

What was the myth you say!

Well many years ago when folks started using the Galant knuckles some reported the knuckles offset the wheels as much as 1"!!! Now thats alot of offset for just a knuckle but its not impossible and could happen had they have moulded them differently or to counter act the newer Galants and its suspension and weight of car.

I recentley did my brake swap and used my Galant knuckles and i did not notice any offset.

So to put this to rest i had both the oem 2GB knuckles and Galant knuckles 3D scanned and placed on top of each other to see if there was any differences, and there was zero in terms of hole location or curved part of the arm.

In the pics you will see green/red/blue now this tells us the difference is casting or thickness of the casting.

Green means its exactly the same
Red means its bigger
Blue means its smaller

Dont think of the colors as a massive effect though as the difference bewteen both are less then 1mm and has a tolerance to measure down to 30 microns!

The only difference is the caliper mounting locations and thats the biggest effect.

The other reason for wanting to do this is I offer these knuckles to the group and community and ive had several people ask this question about they heard this and it puts them off because they have new wheels etc etc, and i could only reply with ive heard this aswell but from eye and measuing with a tape and digital calipers i did not see this offset anywhere. But getting it 3D scanned is 100% more accurate.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back