The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

the last of us??

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I really liked it; I picked it up on craigslist locally.

I like games that you can kinda get into, and play many different ways for each situation. You can choose to confront enemies, or simply find a way to slip past them if supplies are low. Aiming and such can be kinda hard, but adds to the realistic feel of the game, and ammo is few and far between. It's not like other games where you have bullets aplenty, and can just spray gunfire like a drunken retard and eventually hit something.

I also like games and movies that almost seem like they could possibly happen, like the outbreak of some kind of laboratory created germ warfare that goes wrong and turns people into zombies (which actually isn't what happened in this game, but is similar.)

I'm not a big gamer at all; I own stuff like half life (1&2), the god of war series, the assassins creed series, and the prerequisite car guy title GT5, and I have to say I really liked the last of us.

Cool. I have yet to play a totally 'zombie' game, aside from a few minutes of resident evil, which I hated. Ever since I started playing fps I've been stuck on them I suppose. Like for zombies, I play treyarch creations. Until now, when cod took a turn for the horrible. In trying to make it better, they've made it worse. But then I'm not a gamer really. The more simple games easily satisfy me, aka cod 4 & 5.

Cool. I have yet to play a totally 'zombie' game, aside from a few minutes of resident evil, which I hated. Ever since I started playing fps I've been stuck on them I suppose. Like for zombies, I play treyarch creations. Until now, when cod took a turn for the horrible. In trying to make it better, they've made it worse. But then I'm not a gamer really. The more simple games easily satisfy me, aka cod 4 & 5.

I hated resident evil, and I loved the last of us, if that adds some perspective.

It's not all zombies either, as you'll see when you play the game (I don't want to give away any spoilers.) I can tell you that this game is enjoyable in my opinion, because it seems realistic. It's not nonstop action...sometimes you will come across deserted towns that only have some buildings to explore for necessary items, which is exactly how an apocalyptic situation would be in real life. I've read reviews on the game where people say they think parts of the game are boring, but that's because they like unrealistic shoot-em-ups and can't get into a game that could actually be like real life events, but it's for that very reason that I loved it.

WHHHHAAATTTTT???? :confused:

resident evil 4/5 are awesome! :cool:

The last of us, is too much talk and walk. Seems like the watching the walking dead only more talk.

It has been YEARS since I played a resident evil game, so it's possible the newer ones are better.

There is a degree of walk and talk in last of us, but I like that realistic aspect of it. You can take 20-30 minutes to clear one scene if you want to treat it like a real situation. In real life, if you are up against 8 dudes with guns, you don't have a 'health bar' where you can run out blasting and take 20 shots yourself and be fine, nor do you have a 'health kit' to instantly heal any and all injuries.

That is how I approached the game. I tried my best to take as close to zero damage in every scene, because that is what you would need to do in order to survive if it was real life.

If you are after a shoot-em-up where every enemy drops 50 rounds and you can just spray and pray, then the last of us is not for you.

If you are after a shoot-em-up where every enemy drops 50 rounds and you can just spray and pray, then the last of us is not for you.

Thats the whole point of a video game. To do the unrealistic and have fun with it. You dont go purchase a street racing game and drive speed limit because its more realistic.

EDIT: Tho i never said last of us, isnt a good game.. I just mentioned my preference towards resident evil.

Well I guess I'll pick it up then. Might try to trade my bo2 for it LOL. That game sucks big time. I will never buy another call of duty game

The game itself looks great. I may pick me up a copy.

Anyone play the Tomb raider game? Thank god I didn't buy it. It's fun and all but, seriously? You stabbed a wolf to death while being attacked but from what I played there is absolutely zero hand to hand combat besides the QuickTime events. Her idea of stealth is choking people out with a bow. The death scenes are top notch tho.

I have played all te RE games. 4 was good, 5 ok. 6 is terrible with the exception of most of Leon's campaign

The Last Of Us was amazing!! I ordered it from amazon and had it shipped to my COP in Afghanistan, the emotion that they produced from the characters was very impressive, and I honestly could not predict how everything played out like most games.

I used to LOVE the Resident Evil series of games... but as I have become older I enjoy playing games that are alot more realistic and have great stories and character development. The Last Of Us is one of the best games I have played, along with MGS4.

I've got The Last of Us. haven't had a lot of time to play it though.. maybe 5-6 hours total. not nearly enough, because from the little I've played, it has been utterly brilliant.

So I finally got the last of us last night, and it seems to be pretty good. I'm having to readjust to third person, but its fine. Biggest issue I had was I got to the part where Joel and Ellie climb out of the subway, and the game froze. Br drive quit reading all together, so I broke down and bought the newest gen ps3. Transferring data as I type this. I can't wait to get back into it. My poor car is being neglected...

The last of us is one of the best games ive played in a long time. the story was great, the controls, etc.just overall great

I have played and finished The last of us AND The last of us remastered! It's a great game, with a great story, and I recommend it to everyone. Does anyone know any other games like this one? Thanks!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back