The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Talon spyder photoshop job.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spyderdrifter

10+ Year Contributor
Jul 11, 2009
Somewhere in, Colorado
So I've been thinking about doing a Talon conversion to my Spyder, but would like to see a few photoshop pics done before I start anything. First off, this would be something I can swap back and forth from time to time, just to change up the look a bit. Would like to see my pic modded to be the 2GB eclipse it is, but with the Talon side straks on it. If I do the conversion with thte sides, they won't be getting removed due to the holes of course, so want to see it before making that decision. Second, same picture, but with the full 2GB Talon conversion, but with the 2GB eclipse side skirts as it has now. The twisty skirts are nice, but I've always liked the eclipse ones more. Thanks in advance. If different pics are needed, let me know.

:dsm:

Attachments

• 2012-06-02_20-10-05_757.jpg
    2012-06-02_20-10-05_757.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 152
  • 2012-06-02_20-00-49_100.jpg
    2012-06-02_20-00-49_100.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 146
Yeah, I've seen that one (looks good), but still at least want to see the stock eclipse body, with the talon side moldings. If I think it looks good enough that way, I'd be willing to add them on.

I've been on this post a few times,
http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/appearance-interior-exterior/418412-talon-spyder.html

and like how the first spyder still has the eclipse skirts. I like that look, but as said already, gotta see the stock spyder body with talon side molding before I add those.

The side strakes aren't held on by clips like the side skirts, they're simply held on by 3M tape. Also, unless your replace your headlights around with the front bumper switch you're going to have a gap running the 2gb Talon bumper with 2gb Eclipse headlights.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Last edited by a moderator:
There are clips holding them on? Strange, we took them off a junkyard Talon and they were just 3M taped and didn't look like they even have provisions to house a clip. I see in your build thread you drilled holes to mount them so did they have plastic retainers to hold a standard door clip like the sideskirts?

Good info. Learn something everyday.

this was done within the last few months, the last pic is the same car different color, hope this helps...

Wow, thanks guys, pics look great. May not do the side strakes though, they don't really flow with the eclipse side skirts like they so with the talon's, and I want to keep the eclipse ones. I do know about those headlight gaps Gofer, I'm intending on modifying a talon bumper to have the top section of an eclipse bumper so it all looks stock. Good thing I got some spare fiberglass cloth, and each of the bumpers ;) Thanks for taking the time to do these pics.

just an idea if you want to keep the eclipse skirts then why not do what i did.. talon front bumper and side strakes with a custom made back bumper.. still working on it though..

just an idea if you want to keep the eclipse skirts then why not do what i did.. talon front bumper and side strakes with a custom made back bumper.. still working on it though..

So are saying splice the top section of a talon bumper onto a bottom section of an eclipse bumper, or mod an eclipse bumper to have the raised trim lines that the talon bumper has?

I mean cut out the bumps and mold them in.

I suppose I can update this a little. Even though myself and the OP have spoken a little about the swap. Heres mine.

"]
[/URL]

"]
[/URL]

I've got a few too, one from each angle. ;)

I have pics of my Talon swap on my computer at home. I liked it, but ended up swapping back to the Eclipse body when I installed my exhaust. Been thinking about swapping back lately. Not sure if I will or not yet, but it's on my mind.

Mine

Attachments

• 1506558_10101681779382640_279805665_n.jpg
    1506558_10101681779382640_279805665_n.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 92
  • 999928_10101681752496520_1199640476_n.jpg
    999928_10101681752496520_1199640476_n.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 91
  • 1517532_10101682107225640_585012826_n.jpg
    1517532_10101682107225640_585012826_n.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 94
I love all the pics!!!! Think I might keep my 3 piece wing on as well. I am also going to add the side strakes and twisty skirts..they flow so well with the front and rear 2gb talon bumpers.. Picked them up with the rest of my goodies...even a black talon steering wheel air bag cover :) Swapping it all this summer

I'm considering going back to the Talon set up again. I like how my Spyder looks with the Talon and Eclipse look. May just swap back and forth here and there just to keep my Spyder looking different, with out making much of a change. Need to get the bumpers painted to match then it'll look even better.

I've got the Talon air bag and 2GA side skirts installed. The 2GB door trim pieces are safely stored in my garage for when I get painted in the spring.

What do you guys think of the spoiler with the center post shaved?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back