The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Rix Racing

Summer Meets

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AK Maniak

10+ Year Contributor
Jul 9, 2009
Butte, Montana
So is any one going to have their car running this summer. It's been way to damn long since we've had a DSM meet. I do the meets in anchorage on Saturday when I am home but i'm the only DSM LOL. bunch of evo's, sti's and s2ks though LOL.

I wouldn't mind going. Seems we've brought it up a few years but never quite seems happen. Same thing happens last few years when the 3000GT guys say want get together. Hopefully my car be ready for spring, not much left to do but have a bit of a motivational issue getting myself to finish. How's your new 99 doing ?

Get that thing done!

Aside from some small things that I need to take care of and just making everything a bit prettier my car is pretty much done. The FP Green XL pulls so damn hard! It's tuned right now for about 26-27psi with zero knock. It is pretty conservative but even with hardly any timing and it being fairly rich it will break the tires loose in 1st and 2nd. Been driving it for about three days now and I'm loving every second of it.

Wow sounds good, I bet it is fun. Yeah I need get my butt in gear. Going ask a friend comeover and help I seem get more done when some one else is around.

Wow sounds good, I bet it is fun. Yeah I need get my butt in gear. Going ask a friend comeover and help I seem get more done when some one else is around.

I leave this monday to go back to work but when I get back next time i'd be willing to lend a hand. I don't know much but i'm good for stuff like holding the light haha

Might take you up on that sometime. That's all need sometimes. Haven't been able figure out how get dog hold the light yet. Lol.

Might take you up on that sometime. That's all need sometimes. Haven't been able figure out how get dog hold the light yet. Lol.

haha yea thats a tough one. That's why I got a girlfriend. If it wasn't for that I would probably be single LOL

I'd be down for some summer meets. Just bought my first dsm got a boost problem at the moment but other than that it runs great. I stay fairly busy right now with school and work but I'd be more than happy to help out anybody out. I have basic general knowledge on cars and engines just new to dsm.

Here's my turbo setup for the stroker car btw. I just ordered it from FP. The burn is... RIGHT AFTER I ordered it... I'm talking like less than 24 hours, they put their signature DSM turbo's with the ball bearing upgrade ON SALE!! Such is life... Hope to see you guys (someday?) LOL.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Here's my turbo setup for the stroker car btw. I just ordered it from FP. The burn is... RIGHT AFTER I ordered it... I'm talking like less than 24 hours, they put their signature DSM turbo's with the ball bearing upgrade ON SALE!! Such is life... Hope to see you guys (someday?) LOL.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Ha that sucks. I ordered my FP Green XL a while back but only got it installed a few weeks before they announced the BB turbo's. I am thinking of selling my Green XL and getting the DSM Black even though I only have about 100 miles on my current set up haha

Ahhh another delay in my progress. I'm getting sent up to Barrow mid April for 5 weeks. The green car (2.3L) might take longer than expected to be on the road...

At least I'm getting paid for this, right? :)

How would you guys like to have another dsmer in the area? I am seriously considering packing my shit and coming that way. Been a bug I've had for a few years now. How's the job market for out of owners?

How would you guys like to have another dsmer in the area? I am seriously considering packing my shit and coming that way. Been a bug I've had for a few years now. How's the job market for out of owners?

Dont do it. Trust me. The only nice thing about Alaska is the summer and its like 3 months long. Winters are long, cold, and everything is more expensive here.
IF anything just come and vacation do not live here. Everyone comes and then just leaves anyways. Most people I know have came and gone. If you must come here try and have a job lined up first. But take my advice and stay away. :thumb:

Haha yea I know. I always wanted to go to the northwest somewhere. Wash state is wacky as hell. Someone actually said Idaho was best. I just absolutely hate the muggy heat here in the south. Here it is only April, and we're already seeing 80* and 80% humidity.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would check out Northern California, Oregon, Washington. I have friends in those places and they all say their state is the best LOL. But I plan on moving to one of those 3 states in the near future.

Ya know, I would love Cali but for there gun laws. They care more about weed and ### marriage than the right to defend themselves LOL. Don't know much about Oregon cept the ducks suck LOL

Alaska has amazing summers, but it is way to short. I personally like Oregon and parts of Washington much more than AK. To be fair though, the job market up here is pretty good. Quite a few oppurtunities to do a wide variety of things.

On a side note. When the heck are we going to have a DSM meet. There was a decent sized meet in Wasilla yesterday. There were about 30 cars, mostly Evo's and WRX/STI's but there was a very quick Mazda Speed 3, and Gary's sick Supra. I started off as the only DSM but when we were cruising through the valley a few cars joined in after seeing the obvious line of cars that went on for an 1/8th of a mile LOL. There was even a SUPER clean 96 TSI AWD. Literally the cleanest DSM i've ever seen in person.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back