The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

STM vs TCE Wilwood BBK

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mitsubishiown

10+ Year Contributor
Feb 11, 2012
Davison, Michigan
I have seen great reviews about TCE's customer support and being willing to talk with you to find the correct setup for your needs but I have not read much about STM or the difference between their lightweight drag kits. I assume they are essentially the same. TCE is a little cheaper for the standard scalloped rotor and I assume the only difference between the two kits is the brake lines and potentially the mounting hardware. Anyone with experience with either of these have advice? Getting them to reduce weight with better braking, plan on using a 3g master cylinder, doing ABS delete, and fitting them with a 15'' wheel.

is this going to be more of a racecar?

Mostly a drag car but will take out on the weekend occasionally. Don't really plan on taking it to the drag strip every weekend or anything but just trying to enjoy the build process and learning. I know it says not to use the scalloped rotors for street use but through the reading I have done on here everyone has said it has been fine for them as long as you aren't going on long trips with heavy braking essentially.

Mostly a drag car but will take out on the weekend occasionally. Don't really plan on taking it to the drag strip every weekend or anything but just trying to enjoy the build process and learning. I know it says not to use the scalloped rotors for street use but through the reading I have done on here everyone has said it has been fine for them as long as you aren't going on long trips with heavy braking essentially.
i was gonna say if youre planning on running a scalloped rotor on the street you will have to adjust your braking habits to keep them from warping prematurely. imo the tce would be a better buy as its pretty much all the same parts and doesnt have the stm price tag.

i was gonna say if youre planning on running a scalloped rotor on the street you will have to adjust your braking habits to keep them from warping prematurely. imo the tce would be a better buy as its pretty much all the same parts and doesnt have the stm price tag.

Alright thank you! Lets hope I hit the jackpot on my stock on Friday so I can start ordering parts :) If not I will be ordering it anyways within a couple weeks.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back