The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support STM Tuned

Spark plug wires won't come off?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turbohappy

15+ Year Contributor
Jul 1, 2003
IndianaUS
Okay, this is really idiotic. I can't get the spark plug wires off the spark plugs. I don't get it. The dealer installed new plug wires a while ago, so they haven't been taken off ever. I'm yanking on those bitches as hard as I can and no luck. Any reason this would be happening? Feel like an idiot on this one, never had any trouble pulling plug wires off a car before...?

I have the same freakin problem with my spark plugs. I had some bosch plugs that would stick and I had to use pliers to tear them out. They wouldnt pop out for anything. Doesnt anyone else have this problem? Im going to get new NGK wires and see if they do the same.

couple of months ago i ran into same problem, couldn't get one of the wires out. i knew it should've popped out easily like the others but that one didn't. Anyhow i had no choice but to pull hard, and yes it finally came out but that metal conductor inside the boot came apart, being attached to the plug. So i used a plier to get that piece out from the plug. I felt this was the right time for me to get a set of new plugs w/ new wires(Accel) so i did.
Stock wires aren't great anyways... so don't be affraid and just pull it hard as u can. :laugh:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back