1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Trouble Logging In or Staying Logged In?

CLEAR YOUR BROWSER COOKIES! More info about this can be found here. If you still have trouble after clearing your browser's cookies and cache, reply to that thread and tell us what browser you're using and what device you're using.

Southern VA inspection

Posted by babyviper, Oct 10, 2018

Please Support Ace Race Parts
  1. babyviper

babyviper Proven Member

Joined Feb 12, 2003
    Mays Landing, New Jersey
    I've heard that in Richmond that there is no requirement for auto inspection, is this true? If so what is it the same for other southern VA counties? I know northern VA counties require annual.

My DSM:
    1996 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GST

Street Build

GT35   manual
    1998 Eagle Talon TSi (sold)

Street Build

14.530 @ 91.000 MPH

Featured Products from our Supporting Vendors

2. Blu92

Blu92 Proven Member

Joined Aug 20, 2011
    Dale City, Virginia
    Not from Richmond, but I’m pretty certain no matter where you live in Va. you have to get the annual safety inspection. Certain counties don’t require emissions inspections though.

3. jamel16

jamel16 Proven Member

Joined Aug 6, 2004
    Richmond, Virginia
    Yeah Richmond definitely requires an annual inspection. No emission testing but they do check for installation of catalytic converters.

My DSM: