The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

Simple 4 Pin Relay Diagram

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Update 9/26/2022: This is something that my son ran into this month so I am adding it to the relay description. He was running 2 Spal fans on his car (1986 Camaro Z28) and we were having issues with the car "running on" after he would switch the key to off. The car would continue to run for a few seconds and then finally die. It was not "dieseling", it was just continuing to run as if we had not turned off the ignition. I finally came to the conclusion that our big Spal fans were producing electrical current back to the ignition circuit, back feeding through the relays (one for each fan). I had NEVER thought of this before but my EE background came to the rescue. We installed one Schottky 20SQ050 Diode in line with the power feed to each fan, after the relay, and it resolved the issue of the car not shutting down as soon as we would kill the ignition.
The diagram would go like this if you are worried or are having this same issue. Spinning fans generate electricity while they are spinning, so this will contain that electricity.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back