The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Sad Day - No More DSMs for Me

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doubleclutch

10+ Year Contributor
Jun 26, 2009
Canton, Michigan
All,
Today I sold my pride and joy. After 6 years of owning a GSX, 8 years of owning a DSM, and always owning an eclipse since i was 16 (I had a 3g i'm sorry, it was a good price), I finally am without an Eclipse to my name. Hopefully I don't regret it, but the move made since for where I am at and my family.

All that to say, THANK YOU to this forum and community! I don't know how I would have gotten through some of the more challenging tasks on my cars without the help of all of you guys. I really appreciate all the support.

Thanks again!
Joe

P.s. I didn't make it too far away from the Eclipse, I'm getting an Evo X. Damn Mitsubishi's

I know the feeling. Had a 92 Plymouth AWD for 12 years. At 75 though it was getting hard for me to fix things on it. Moved over to Corvette, let the dealership do everything.

One way or another, a DSM will crawl up into your life at some point later down the road. It's just how it is once you get into the game. Maybe your kid turns 16, accidentally finds F&F1 and watches it, then next thing you know you're out searching for a save-able 2G. It's a great first car for a kid anyway.

Jokes aside, good luck with your new set of diamonds :)!

Life’s situations change. Because DSMs were an early passion for you, I predict you’ll be back in the game someday.

Best of luck. Please stay involved with this group to help all of us continue the integrity of the database for all future DSMers.

Evo’s are nice, but I’m still trying to figure out why they are more expensive to own than a DSM.

Was it easy to sell your car? Did you sell high medium or low? I'm asking because I want to sell my DSM also. But first I have to pull the motor! And fix....question is would it be worth it or should I part it out. Seems like I should be able to get $2k-3k for it running but only about 1K in part out, if that. But I am only guessing that's why I need some input.

Youll be back....THEY ALWAYS COME BACK L O L. Ive been in this for 17years, and can't ever see myself going away. The platform is just to great for what you get dollar for dollar and best bang for the buck, with a great community to help. Of course, we all dream of Corvettes Vipers GTRs etc, but I've seen DSM veterans try that route, and they come back for the fact that you cant beat what DSMs are capable of.

You guys may be right, I may be back, but for now the X is my jam. The car feels like it should pretty much out perform the eclipse in every way. It rides nicer, quieter, shifts smoother, makes more power. We will see. I will miss how cheap repairs for the eclipse are.

Was it easy to sell your car? Did you sell high medium or low? I'm asking because I want to sell my DSM also. But first I have to pull the motor! And fix....question is would it be worth it or should I part it out. Seems like I should be able to get $2k-3k for it running but only about 1K in part out, if that. But I am only guessing that's why I need some input.

I got good money for mine. I was pretty happy with it. I felt that I got a good price compared to what I have see others go for.

Thanks for the kind words. I am hoping I at least check in once in a while as I have learned so much and it would be a waste to no use the things i have learned.

Pictures of the new Evo are required. :p

It is real I promise.

Also, I already miss ECMlink. ECUflash is a learning curve.

Weak. Mods, ban this guy's IP address and erase the profile. Kidding, good luck and have fun with whatever you do.

I'm sad we can't argue anymore. Maybe I will stick around just to give you hell. :argue:
You must be logged in to view this image or video.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back