1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Trouble Logging In or Staying Logged In?

CLEAR YOUR BROWSER COOKIES! More info about this can be found here. If you still have trouble after clearing your browser's cookies and cache, reply to that thread and tell us what browser you're using and what device you're using.

1G Removing vacuum lines on throttle body

Posted by hoonigane, Oct 6, 2018

1. hoonigane

hoonigane Proven Member

Joined Jan 4, 2018
    Siauliai, Europe
    Yes yes I know.. I was reading forums but most information is for turbo engines, I just wanted to ask you folks if the same stuff can be done to gs. I have 1g gs and I recently passed emmissions test so I decided that I dont need them anymore. So if I understand correctly I can just remove all those small rubber hoses on top of the throttle body and seal them off, but I dont need to cap them anywhere else, where they were going right?

Featured Products from our Supporting Vendors

2. pauleyman

pauleyman DSM Wiseman

Joined Nov 19, 2011
    oklahoma city, Oklahoma
    My DSM:
    1997 Eagle Talon TSi AWD

Street Build

T25   manual
    hoonigane and buddahboost like this.
  3. hoonigane

hoonigane Proven Member

Joined Jan 4, 2018
    Siauliai, Europe
    Thank you for your reply. I have read this post many times just wasn't sure.. I just don't want to break anything as I wouldn't have money to fix it :D . Update: i disconnected all 3 lines from throttle body, left them unplugged and hanging just to try it out. Didn't disconnect them from where they are coming from. Drove around for half an hour and nothing seems to have changed. *I didn't expect it to*. CEL didn't came on, starts cold just as hard as before but that due to old battery. So when I have time I plan to disconnect the hoses from all those solenoid holes and plug throttle body holes with something. Correct me if I'm wrong but I wont have to plug any holes on solenoids as post said to plug some hole coming from the turbo but mine doesn't have one so.. Thanks again Wiseman for trying to help :)

4. pauleyman

pauleyman DSM Wiseman

Joined Nov 19, 2011
    oklahoma city, Oklahoma
    You have one definng statement. If something goes wrong I wont have the money to fix it. Then you should leave it alone.

My DSM:
    1997 Eagle Talon TSi AWD

Street Build

T25   manual
    tametalon92 and hoonigane like this.
  5. THEIFNDNIGHT

THEIFNDNIGHT Probationary Member

Joined Nov 28, 2011
    ASTORIA, New York
    nothing to worry about nothing will break its all mainly emission crap you dont need

Attached Files:

• 1g.gif
      1g.gif
      File size:
      13.6 KB
      Views:
    My DSM:
    hoonigane likes this.
  6. tametalon92

tametalon92 Proven Member

Joined Jan 5, 2012
    Rathdrum, Idaho
    This. If it works fine right now, don't monkey with it till you can afford to fix things or do it properly.

My DSM:
    1992 Eagle Talon TSi AWD

Street Build

manual
    1992 Eagle Talon TSi AWD

Street Build

14b   manual
  7. hoonigane

hoonigane Proven Member

Joined Jan 4, 2018
    Siauliai, Europe
    Thank you :)