The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

Quirky Ignition system

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mosebrosdsm

Probationary Member
May 18, 2015
Devils lake, North_Dakota
So basically got the 97 eagle talon tsi on a little road trip. I’ve taken this car on 8+ hour trips with no problems. Sorta broke down a couple times having a weird electrical issue is what I think. Not sure tho. Basically doesn’t matter if it’s in town or cruising everything is running great then bam the revs drop drastically, rpm gauge will show different rpm range than I’m in. Bogs way hard like there’s no spark. But there is just at around 1/10th the power. I replaced the coil pack with one I found in this town I’m stuck in thinking that was the problem since that’s one of things I havnt replaced on this car yet. Got about 100 miles outside of Billings and started doing it again. If I let us sit a couple minutes it will start right back and I can keep driving for a while then it will do the same thing gahhhbh. Also I keep pulling up the same DTC a multiple random misfire code. I’m stumped I’m really lost. And I’m also stuck!! HELP!!

I replaced the PTU around 15,000 miles ago. Not sure the symptoms lead to a crank or cas. It feels more like a short in the system. I’m gonna throw a log up later when I get WiFi today. Almost to Bozeman it acts up every 15-20 minutes or so then will correct itself. Really annoying.

I'm not sure if it will help your situation. If you have link go under dtc tab an uncheck the misfire check box I can't recall exactly what it was labeled. Basically it skips that ecu test I think, but that helped me when i had a similar issue. I think it's more of a bandaid than a fix. Just trying to help out if I can thank you for your time. Jason Penny

I'm not sure if it will help your situation. If you have link go under dtc tab an uncheck the misfire check box I can't recall exactly what it was labeled. Basically it skips that ecu test I think, but that helped me when i had a similar issue. I think it's more of a bandaid than a fix. Just trying to help out if I can thank you for your time. Jason Penny

Yes thanks for the help. And we got her running real good. There was a short in the Harness of the PTU once that was fixed there was no more issues! We went thru ecmlink and cleared codes and were back on the road in no time!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back