The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

putting the timing right

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lugones

Probationary Member
Jun 1, 2010
Miami, Florida
hey has any one here on Miami done the 4g64 block with 4g63 head and if so how can I make the timing work because I cant get the timing right i tried watching all you tube videos and tried what they did and no luck i really need someone who can help me do this even if i have to pay because iam to the point of junking the car iam super pist off with getting the timing right

With the belt off, make sure the crank trigger lines up with its mark, and making sure cyl. 1 is on top dead center (TDC). Next make sure the camshaft dowels are both pointing up at 12o'clock. and the lined line up on the cam gears. If you have balance-shafts still turn the oil pump and hold it at the 12'oclock position. Let go of the gear. If it falls to the left the balance shaft is in phase, If the gear falls to the right; rotate the balance shaft 360deg. With all marks lined up I start at the crank, around the tensioner, over the cam gears. Line up the cam gear marks, place belt over and hold the belt with a couple heavy duty clips, one on each gear. then run the belt around the idler, and oil pump. Adjust the auto-tensioner and pull the tensioner pin. You should be good to go!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back