The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

PS4 vrs XB1

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DSMBanditFZ6

10+ Year Contributor
Nov 17, 2011
Somewhere, Arkansas
Well guys the time is near. For those who missed the E3 reveal of the ps4. You missed out. Please post why you will be buying a ps4 or xb1. Please keep it objective as possible. I say that because xb1 has nothing over the ps4 as it stands right now.

Price:
Ps4:399$
XB1:499$

Bash away. Can't wait!!

XD

If it was not for Halo, or Forza, I would never think of getting a Xbox period. However, I will be getting a PS4, and maybe later down the line when they decide to be reasonable with the price, will purchase a xbox1.

400$ is about as reasonable as they come. Compare to a first gen ps3

Look up The new gran turismo and drive club.

I like both ps and xbox, I'm more in favor of the xbox one because I like xbox exclusives better. I've read about the rumors on how xbox will not allow people to play used games and all those things, I hope they're just rumors, that would be a huge disappointment. I will probably just wait a month after they both come out to decide which one I will get though.

It sucks that you can only be on xbox for an hour without Internet connection. I've always been a huge xbox fan and not that interested in the playstation but this sucks because I don't have good connection where I live (dial up). I might be switching unfortunately

Read about the Kinect camera being always on, even if disabled. Microsoft Big Brother is watching you.

It sucks that you can only be on xbox for an hour without Internet connection. I've always been a huge xbox fan and not that interested in the playstation but this sucks because I don't have good connection where I live (dial up). I might be switching unfortunately

I know how you feel. I'm buying a PS4. But maybe once you log on you can still plAy on single player. Since the game is on the disc. The only downside for you use. Most games have a day one patch. And downloading that with dial up. Would probably take all night.

I know how you feel. I'm buying a PS4. But maybe once you log on you can still plAy on single player. Since the game is on the disc. The only downside for you use. Most games have a day one patch. And downloading that with dial up. Would probably take all night.

If that! It's so stupid that xbox is doing that. So many good games that I won't get to play

Once a day it phones home, not once an hour.

;)

Preordered 2 Xbox Ones and 1 PS4.

I've been a big fan of xbox mostly because of how the controller feels and their exclusive titles always seemed better (aside from the Metal Ger Solid franchise of course). But after seeing what they will cost, though $100 difference isn't that huge to me, and what will be included between the two...a PS4 seems pretty hard to beat.

In the end I'll probably end up owning both, just like my 360 and PS3.

The PS and the second SeXBOX are for resale on Ebay. ;)

I was a die hard xbox fan but was still a sony fan. I will be getting a ps4(already pre-ordered LOL) mainly because less restrictions and more for gamers.But I will get an xbox one but not in a rush. To disappointed in microsoft.

As an IT professional, I'm all to familiar with M$ licensing and am all to aware of their position behind me, as well as the pants being around my ankles.

They do, however, deliver quality products and set the standard for darn near everything except phone OS releases.

I don't resell games, this model hurts the EVIL Gamestop, and the privacy and "always-on" Interwebz connections are non issues for me. It'll be an awesome console with solid hardware, and as always, the best (opinion) single-platform games.

Not To to sure about quality when the ps4 is cheaper, more reliable, has better hardware, can borrow games, and it may be a non issue to you, but it is to some. Always on Internet. Go ahead.. Keep that kinnect on. Big brothers watching.

Xbox has....... Halo

Reliability of a console several months from release? ;) At least this version didn't RROD like the 360 in a demo.

To the other points:
1. You can control what Kinect sends back. "Big Brother" already has your search history, phone calls, photos and video of you out in the world, and the list only grows from those.
2. "Always on" is connection only, and technically required only once in a 24h period
3.I don't care about "to some"; they have the other option, just like me
4. Cheaper: True, but adding motion/voice recognition bumps that cost up much closer
5. Games; don't forget Forza while you're waiting 3 years for GT. :p
6. The hardware is nearly a wash, and Sony won't touch their potential...again.

I actually read about it, as I'm not 100% on losing the PS4, despite the Xbox being the primary console; not what I'm looking for. I prefer sim-racers, and hopefully (unlike Horizon) Forza brings that back to the table.

I heard the next gen consoles will have amazing Sim racing games with support for realistic cockpit style controls (such as brake, gas and clutch pedals and even operational gauges). But I'm afraid the Xbox lost against Sony this time around.

What about other business that sell used games? Like game exchange? Yeah **** small business!

I'd love to play forza, but I'm a Sony fan. And we'll have to wait and see who wins in reliability and game quality.. But until then, watch this video; hilarious. Apparently people are more excited about the ps4. [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_AdHVGLfR6A&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back