The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

Power Output on a T25?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Artago

15+ Year Contributor
Nov 30, 2006
North Vancouver, BC_Canada
Hi everyone. I bought a TSi a few months back. It's in ok shape but has boost leaks (I think, haven't tested YET) so I'm hitting fuel cut. I was just wondering, assuming I fixed the boost leaks and get the car into good running shape, what kind of WHP numbers will stock 10 year old TSi produce?

Second question is, assuming all I do is get a 3" turbo back exhaust with headers and O2 housing and intake, then slap on a MBC with all the required supporting mods, how far (boost wise) can I push the T25 (which is in good shape) and what kind of numbers will I see then?

I will upgrade the turbo system later but I'm just curious to see the improvements that come with simply making the car breath better. The reason I'm asking is that I don't know of any dyno's in my area (Vancouver Canada).

Last question, does anyone know of any dyno's in or near (within 3 hours drive of) Vancouver BC Canada?

Thanks for your input guys. -Tom

Theres a rule on here that says no bench racing, but the t-25 could probably max out at 230whp and thats pushin it.

If you plan on doing anything to your car the first thing you need is a boost gauge. After you do that 15-16 psi is max on a t-25 after that its just blowing hot air and performance could suffer.

If you plan on upgrading your turbo there is certain things you need to do like fuel and some type of fuel controller. Also the stock 2g bov will leak past 12 psi which is around stock boost, so you will need to upgrade that.

I recommend before you do anything set up and budget plan and decide what you can by, to help you out look at the tech/diy link. Do alot of searching after you have read everything in the tech.

Don't forget to get a logger before you start pushing the boost. :thumb:

Kewl thanks guys. I love this site, post a question get a response with minutes. I was first introduced to this site about 2 months ago and now, no fooling, I spend at least 2 hours a day, everyday, reading tech and DIY. Thanks DSMTuners community. -Tom

PS Anyone know of any dynos near Vancouver Canada? I've looked, honestly, but I just can't find any. (Maybe my searching skills need improving)

Don't take the stock T25 past 16psi, above that it just blows hot air.

I saw someone on here post dyno numbers showing that they gained more hp pushing the t-25 up to like 20 something psi.
I can't remember where i found that but it was on this site. They tested at like 12, 16, 20, and like 25, each time leading to higher horsepower numbers.
The dyno did show though at higher psi, it would lose boost much quicker.
I am not in any way saying to push it any higher than 15. The person who did those dynos explained that the turbo was on it's way out so they were having fun with it before it did.
----Ryan.

While a T-25 will have diminishing gains HP wise as your turn up the boost it will make alot more torque.

A friend of mine recently went 14.0 at 98mph on the T-25 at 18psi with just an intake and BOV...Stock Exhaust.

Umm Im pretty sure that our cars put down for stock numbers 210hp 214tq... if Im not mistaken. So you are tellin us that 2gs can only gain around 20 hp on the stock turbo? Come on now, theres many things you can do to these cars!

He is talking whp and you are talking crank hp. A stock dsm only lays down about 170whp. Ive seen as low as 145whp for base dynos.

im pretty sure the t-25 is rated for 250horse. at 15psi around 5grand youll start to notice boost decrease beccause the turbo is to small. Horse power wise you cant exceed 250 with the stock turbo and supposting mods. It all depends on how much compession you have. The lower the compression the lower the horsepower

Isnt that bad for your turbo at above 16, or can the t-25 take it?

I was wondering this too. I thought running much more than 15 PSI on a T-25 was dangerous to it's health.

I can also attest for the power loss around 5k. I'll generally see a decline from about 13PSI to about 10 after 5500 RPM's.

On my wifes 98 Awd with stock just rewired pump,BOV, intake,17psi and some major porting the car makes 195whp and 190lb/torque(on dsmlink dynotuned). you will not gain topend HP but a lot of torque in the low end. The car is a hoot to drive just because you get instant torque. Just as a comparison the stock(above setup) t25 makes twice the torque at 3000 rpm as my 60-1 equipped car..I drive that car at 13psi daily and its more then enough.

I took my t25 up to 22 and there was a noticeable difference from 15 but i still would say go with a bigger turbo because of the lack of topend that turbo has. And besides the 230 whp on a t25. Lets see 210 stock 170 whp move that up to 230whp thats a 60 hp difference that would mean that you could in theory keep up with a stock evo8 wich i just don't see possible with a t25. a 14b maybe but still hard to belive

I was wondering this too. I thought running much more than 15 PSI on a T-25 was dangerous to it's health.

I can also attest for the power loss around 5k. I'll generally see a decline from about 13PSI to about 10 after 5500 RPM's.

Sure you could push the T25 with higher psi...it might likely decrease its life expectancy though...

Sure you could push the T25 with higher psi...it might likely decrease its life expectancy though...
I'm with him. I wouldn't take it past 17, which is what I run it at. If you have a turbo sitting in your bedroom and you want to see how far you can push it before you kill it, sure play with it at 22psi or higher.

Even so, at high psi, the turbo is out of its efficiency range and will blow hot air, yes, it makes more torque, but the amount of HP you could get with a 16G at 20 psi will be more than the T25 at 22 psi.

The other problem is the stock wastegate actuator, using FPs 17psi actuator will make the turbo hold boost a lot better than the stock actuator. My boost drops to about 10psi by redline and the turbo makes no noticeable power after 5000 RPMs.

Just my 2c.

I was going to post this earlier, but didn't.

Didn't someone (back in the day) specifically built his motor to get real numbers to see the limits of the snail? I believe this was at least 5 years ago, so probably the old-timers are the few who know this.... Unfortunately, I don't have any guesstimate numbers or trap speeds that I can offer for this story.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back