The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

Parts car, going to scrap, but first...

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattasi

15+ Year Contributor
Feb 22, 2008
Springfield, Oregon
I have a 97 eclipse GST that is completly stripped down to nothing,.. getting ready to be crushed into scrap metal. I have taken every single bolt/wire/part off of this thing. It is parked in my driveway, so I need to to be able to "roll" it out of the driveway and onto a tow truck that comes to pick up the car. The thing is, I want to keep the subframes, BUT the car needs to roll. Anyone have any ideas on how to keep the subframes, but still be able to roll the car. The lower compression/lateral arms connect to the subframe,... I am thinking that I will just have to leave the subframes on the car, but I know someone local that can use the front one. Any ideas?

Had this scenario a month ago with my totaled 3g that I wanted to keep the aftermarket suspension and spindles. I had a buddy who had a flatnrack tow truck come and load it on the truck first, then put it on stands on the truck and took what I wanted off..take it to the scrap yard like that.

Had this scenario a month ago with my totaled 3g that I wanted to keep the aftermarket suspension and spindles. I had a buddy who had a flatnrack tow truck come and load it on the truck first, then put it on stands on the truck and took what I wanted off..take it to the scrap yard like that.

That would work except this guy picking it up is a stanger working for a company, so I can't have him sit there and wait while I unbolt things...Dang...

Harbor freight sells some dollys for cheap. Just stick it on those. Why not just sell it to a local or something for the cost of scrap?

Gravel/steep driveway...so no dollys. There is literally no parts/nothing on this car but the subframes with the donut wheels. I have taken all the suspension/struts/stabilizer bars/parts off the car already. Nothing is left, so I don't think someone would buy this car and then go scrap it themselves to not make any money on the deal, that wouldn't make since for the buyer. If parts were left then that would work, but literaly nothing on the car. I will be taking some pics of the car at some point to show how stripped it is. Nothing left. More ideas welcome!

Last edited:
Take everything you want off of it. Put it up on bricks (high enough for a trailer) and give it away to a scrapper. You wont make that much anyways. Atleast not here. Or find a buddy with a forklift ;).

Good luck$

Find a buddy with a pick up truck, a nice afternoon, a couple of sawsall, extra blades.....some drinks....

Attachments

• 03-13-10-143057.jpg
    03-13-10-143057.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 35
Doesn't matter how high I lift it with bricks, they can't get the car on a trailer without "rolling" it out to the street. When I had the car dropped off by a tow truck company, we had to unload it on the street and have a lot of people help to push it in the driveway, it's a wierd driveway, and hard to explain. The driveway is like 3-4 feet higher than the street level, and so at the end of the driveway (where the tow truck would be) there is a drastic slant down to the street...Making the angle of the tow truck impossible to load or unload..Basically this thing has to roll out of the driveway onto the street to be able to load it onto a trailer.

If I first pushed the car onto the street, and then took off the subframes and put it onto bricks I still don't see how someone could load it onto a trailer, with bricks in the way. IDK?

Or even with no bricks, if it was just sitting on the street sitting on the underside of the car like a beached whale, how would they load it onto the trailer?

Find a buddy with a pick up truck, a nice afternoon, a couple of sawsall, extra blades.....some drinks....

Bahahaha that's awesome, and not out of the question!

you could always see if the tow truck can just drag the shell up with its winch thats if they have a flatbed

Yea maybe they could just drag it up. I will talk with them soon about this option.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back