The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

P1494/P1495 Fix?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sdsdsd

20+ Year Contributor
Apr 17, 2003
Chicago, Illinois
Hi everyone.

I understand that there are other threads for the P1494/5 codes, but none really have a solution posted.

I have a 1998 Eclipse GS and I have the code P1495 that is appearing now. I was having 1494 and 1495, I cleared the codes and now only P1495 is present. It comes up almost immediately once codes are cleared.

Based on what I have seen it may be the Leak Detection Pump (LDP), but it is not for sure. If it is the LDP, where is the LDP located on this car, on top of the gas tank?

I've seen the P1494 is because of some line that is clogged and need to drop the gas tank to replace, any other places?

Any help on fixing these two codes would be helpful.

Thanks for this! I'll check it out.

Can someone confirm though if the LDP is near the gas tank on this car? Seems I need to get under the car to soap it up a bit also to see for any bubbles that may be occurring.

An update for everyone.

I finally got a chance to look at the car. I didn't drop the tank b/c everything is pretty rusted below the car and i didn't want to break anything else.

I did take out the vapor canister purge solinoid and make sure it was ok. Visually inspected it and cleaned it with Throttle body cleaner. P1494 is gone! But the P1495 triggered when starting the car this morning after driving it for a few mins.

I cleared the codes, drove it around, trying to excercise the drive cycle and got all I/M monitors as READY except for EVAP. I imagine it will come back again.

I can confirm that the P1495 code is back on the car. I'll have to take it to a mechanic and see what they say about it.

EDIT:
Purchased a new LDP pump and installed it. The P1495 is STILL there :(
Anyone have any tips or things to check for at this point? I'm all out of ideas.

EDIT 2:
Since putting the new LDP pump in, the code cannot be erased. Once the car is started, it instantly shows the code.

Last edited:
Still struggling with this code...

I've gathered some information, on the behavior of the car. Can someone validate the information provided?

I traced the sensor wire from the LDP and found it under the back seat near where the gas pump is.

I checked on each of the pins the voltage and resistance when the car was off and then on again. The information gathered is below

Resistance on the connector side to the engine:
PIN 1 and PIN 2 = infinity
PIN 1 and PIN 3 = infinity
PIN 2 and PIN 3 = infinity

Resistance on the connector side to the LDP
PIN 1 and PIN 2 = 16 ohms
PIN 1 and PIN 3 = 16 ohms
PIN 2 and PIN 3 = 0 ohms

Car engine off - Voltage on the connector side to the engine
PIN 1 and PIN 2 = 2 V
PIN 1 and PIN 3 = 4 V
PIN 2 and PIN 3 = .7 V

Car engine on - Voltage on the connector side to the engine
PIN 1 and PIN 2 = 2.5 V
PIN 1 and PIN 3 = 4.5 V
PIN 2 and PIN 3 = .8 V

What values are others getting on these pins?

Photos of the connectors:
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Any help?

EDIT
It has been a couple weeks :(. Does anyone have any information on what the values should be on these connections for resistance and volts or know where i can look it up?
Thanks!

Last edited:
I've read in other threads that the gas tank has a vent valve that is located the top of the gas tank.

Does anyone know the model number for this part? 98 Eclipse GS.

Thank you VelocitaPaola!

I will look it up and see if I can find a picture. In another thread it was described being a part that had three hoses going to it that can dry up over time and cause a leak. I'll see what i find! Again thanks!

next step is to get the tank down and see what is going on on the top side.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back