The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

NW Montana--Need help rebuilding W4A33 auto trans

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CodyNAline

Probationary Member
Aug 10, 2016
Missoula, Montana
Hey everyone,

My engine is finally ready but while it is out I want to get the transmission rebuilt. I've called a handful of transmission shops in the Flathead Valley and nobody wants to touch it. I will be using the IPT rebuild kit along with translab shift kit, but I do not trust myself to do it. Please point me in the right direction if you know somebody close that is an expert on these transmissions. I would really like to avoid shipping it out to be done.

Thanks,
Cody

Unfortunately you'll be hard pressed to find an expert on them in the area. closest I could think that might be able to help is English racing over on the west side of washington, but that requires shipping or a road trip (a day or so, not bad), and I'm not sure how much trans stuff the do.

Otherwise you might be able to find a place close by, polson/ronan I know has a speed/repair shop with some great guys that could probably do a great job, I'll just have to get you the name of it from my mom.

Where abouts are you? I'm from nw Montana, just south of libby/troy area.

I would appreciate if you could get me the info for the guys in polson, I'm an hour north in whitefish. If there aren't any close shops that will do it I may save up for a complete ipt tranny.

You are in a beautiful spot my friend, I proposed to my wife on the Kootenay falls bridge. One of my favorite spots is the Ross Creek cedars by bull lake.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back