The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

Notching of bores to clear Manley I-Beams

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OB1

20+ Year Contributor
Dec 1, 2002
Ottawa, Ontario_Canada
Can anyone confirm that specifically notching the bottom of the bores is required when building a 2.3L 6 bolt when using Manley Turbo Tuff I-beam Rods.

I know that notching of the block is required in other areas, but I am asking specifically about the bottom of the bores and only when using Manley Turbo Tuff I-Beams.

Thanks in advance!

You won't know until you put it together.

If someone says they didn't need to clearance the bottom of the bores, is your plan to put it together and run it? That is the only way I see someone else's experience with that setup being important.

There is a lot of core shift with these blocks and heads. Clearancing is a case by case basis.

It's Ok, I contacted Manley and they said it is necessary to notch the bottom of the bores when using a 100mm crank and their Turbo-Tuff rods.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back