The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Noobie to DSM searching for the perfect car with good information

what is your favorite color on a clean GSX

• red

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • green

• purple

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MisfitGang_Racing

Probationary Member
Feb 7, 2018
Birmingham, Alabama
Hey guys, I'm new to forums in general (this is the first one I have ever joined), so I apologise if I am posting in the wrong area. Just an introduction to myself and what I'm about. I've been building v8 engines for about 10 years now, and I'm looking to get into imports. I used to have a bugeye scooby a while back but I've wanted a 98 GSX eclipse for about the last 8 years. SO now my search has begun. I'll be ready to purchase around June or July, and also willing to pay top dollar for a top dollar ride. I will be using it simply as a daily and looking to increase the HP numbers to about 350 at the wheels, and then I will probably leave it alone after that and drive it for the next few years as a daily until I put it into my collection garage.

With all that being said, I definitely need help finding the right vehicle. as well as help for the safest and fastest way to 350awhp for the car to remain reliable and easily a daily driver. I'm not opposed to spending money on the right parts but I'm not looking to spend a fortune on mods either. The car will most likely never see a racetrack.

If anyone has the perfect car and are looking to hold onto it until around that time and then let it go, please let me know; Or if you know of anyone else that may be in the same situation. I am not a quick buyer so more than likely it will take time to mull over before a purchase is made. However I am a serious buyer. What I am looking for would probably be along the following lines:

98 Eclipse, or otherwise converted car with bumpers and quality paint.
Either Black, White or Red in color
Stock and unmolested in as may way as possible
5 speed manual transmission
under 70K original miles on the odometer
all black interior with leather seats
paint condition should reflect garage storage for the majority of its life.
would prefer the 60k mile maintenance with water pump and timing belt to be completed, but if not then not a big deal.
any maintenance or modifications to have records and receipts of purchase for name brand parts to be claimed
single owner with a clean carfax.

Also please link me to any solid threads for modifying start to finish and get 350 horses at the wheels.

Guys, I really appreciate your time in reading my post. I'd love a follow for a follow back. I will be on regularly doing my research on what to expect out of the car and how to handle general maintenance, as well as adjusting my plans for what I want my end result to be. Have a good day

Last edited:
Welcome to the site - and to forums in general! Lots to learn.

One spot you'll want to look through is our Resources tab up top. One of the sections is Upgrade Paths. It will help give you an idea of the common paths people have taken with this platform to reach certain HP goals:
http://www.dsmtuners.com/threads/basic-horsepower-ugrades-2g-4g63t.480196/

Not a lot has changed over the years. You can get to your goals without going with a big turbo.

Again, welcome and best of luck in your search.

Welcome to the site - and to forums in general! Lots to learn.

One spot you'll want to look through is our Resources tab up top. One of the sections is Upgrade Paths. It will help give you an idea of the common paths people have taken with this platform to reach certain HP goals:
http://www.dsmtuners.com/threads/basic-horsepower-ugrades-2g-4g63t.480196/

Not a lot has changed over the years. You can get to your goals without going with a big turbo.

Again, welcome and best of luck in your search.
Thanks for the reply and I'll definitely do some reading on the paths. I'm more of a fan of a quality smaller turbo that can push more boost than the big turbo = big power theory. A quality turbo that spools quickly can be much more effective from all the builds I've payed with over the years. I've just never done a dsm. But thanks again maye

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back