The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

Non turbo build

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dsm'r sk1mp

10+ Year Contributor
Aug 8, 2009
post falls, Idaho
Ok i know its not worth it, but im doing work on a na Talon 1g. he wants to build for a little more power along with reliability. I have always had Boosted talons so i dont know alot on building a non turbo. what can i do for this guy to pull some power out of it, bigger cams, injectors, fuel pump, stuff like that

Is this a 2.0 or 1.8 talon? if its a 2.0, you could take the engine out and rebuild it with 4g63T pistons and injectors and then find a factory 14B turbo to install and he would have a turbo version.

it requires alittle more but there is a thread about how to make your 1G NT turbo

nope, he dont want to go turbo, if he did then i wouldnt be asking this question, he just wants to build his non turbo a little
and its a 2.0 sorry

nope, he dont want to go turbo, if he did then i wouldnt be asking this question, he just wants to build his non turbo a little
and its a 2.0 sorry

Hmm how much horse power is he looking for?

Intake and nitrous, especially if its a high mileage engine.

+1, this is what i was thinking. Engine bolt-on mods will increase Hp by like 5-10 here and there maybe but after its done he may still be wanting more.

how about 272 cams and bigger injectors? he was really interested in that. he was looking for 210 to 240hp range

also maybe something more higher compression but that would start limiting turbo and raising the octane levels needed to run.

If hes going to build an engine for his n/t..That would be the best bet to make power with a n/t..As well as a couple bolts ons, like coil, ignition, header, with exhaust, air intake etc.

Ya i finally figured that one out. I broke the knews to him on that. so now im Just doing Bolt ons and maybe cams. I told him to sell it and get a GSX/AWD

Ya i finally figured that one out. I broke the knews to him on that. so now im Just doing Bolt ons and maybe cams. I told him to sell it and get a GSX/AWD

Yea selling his n/t would be the best bet. For his goal for power it wouldnt be practicle with that motor. I have looked into building a 200+hp n/t and its more money than it is worth. I would say if he is still wanting to keep his n/t just to do normal bolt ons. Bigger cams and injectors may help but will definately need something to control those. I know that there used to be a thread on here where a guy put a g4cs on his n/t. Good luck with helping him out with his DSM.

will be "easier" to get ~200whp from a 2.4L than a 2.0L

I'm pushing 179whp and I've done every bolt on that matters intake full exhaust cat delete and its bored to a 2.1 L the motor was rebuilt before though that's what the guy was saying when I bought it. Idk if cams bring a whole lot of power in these n/t engines and as for bigger throttle body or fuel pump its over kill. The turbo version has been known to reach 500 HP ok stock throttle bodys

I'm pushing 179whp and I've done every bolt on that matters intake full exhaust cat delete and its bored to a 2.1 L the motor was rebuilt before though that's what the guy was saying when I bought it. Idk if cams bring a whole lot of power in these n/t engines and as for bigger throttle body or fuel pump its over kill. The turbo version has been known to reach 500 HP ok stock throttle bodys

Your profile says the motor is stock....And there is no dyno info..

Bud92gsx said:
Your profile says the motor is stock....And there is no dyno info..

Contacting the previous owner and he told me that he rebuilt the motor. It's an aproximation my car raced a civic that had 180 HP and we were head to head the whole time up to 100 sorry I haven't edited my profile

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back