The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

new orleans dsmer's

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

When ya headed through? My 98 has a few problems, but I wouldn't mind meeting someone a little more knowledgable, if you've got time.

I'll most likely be heading up there Wednesday or Thursday morning and be coming back the same night I don't know what my work schedule is yet so I'm not positive on which day. What kind of issues are you having

Blew out the crankshaft pulley and belt. Threw out the timing. My parents put it in a shop while I was at work and the idiots put the belts on with the timing off. I got it back in time, but may they may have damaged a valve or something. Idles really rough and low.

Compression test and leak down test it.
Chances are if they timing slipped in the first place then valves made contact with the pistons.

I have a 90 tsi with an ecmlink on it. What's the closest and what's the best place to get it tuned on a dyno?[DOUBLEPOST=1413766638][/DOUBLEPOST]Sorry, I'm in Hammond

Silver gryffon, if it jumped time, odds are that it bent some valves. Do the test that phr0st suggested. If it fails, you are gonna have to get the head reworked. Sucks but now you can port the head.

Last edited:
Thanks. I'm in the process of trying to find another engine to put in it, while I rebuild this one.

Honestly there's no where close I would take my car to get tuned LOL. BUT there are some people who do some really sick remote tunes that could help you out. If you just want to dyno it Corr performance has the only AWD dyno around (i think). They are not very familiar with ECMLink from my knowledge but I really can't speak from experience.

I know the last post on this thread was 3 years ago, but did anyone happen to orchestrate a meet up in the Louisiana area? I'm in Mandeville (30 mins north of New Orleans) and am curious as to any gear head hangouts that might have/will take place. 91 AWD Talon-Panda.

2years ago, unfortunately. I'm in MS, about 30 min north of Hammond. All is very quiet around here. I wish it were different. I'd love to meet up with others that know how great these cars really are.

2years ago, unfortunately. I'm in MS, about 30 min north of Hammond. All is very quiet around here. I wish it were different. I'd love to meet up with others that know how great these cars really are.
Damn! 2 years is a long time! Well hopefully, someone will resurrect the Dizzum community with some local meet ups. I can't shake my love for these AWD monsters. Thanks for the reply Gryff!

We're few and far between when it comes to dsms down here. Wont find the faster guys on the forums or fb but there are a couple 9 sec cars around. The only other dsm I've seen around here is Jake from MS who came down to race me.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back