The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

WTB My worst Nightmare, CRANKWALK... WTB Engine or Crank

Opinions on what I should do?

• Purchase 7-Bolt Short Block (92-97 w/1-Piece Thrust Bearings)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Purchase 7-Bolt Short Block (Jun 97-99 w/Split Thrust Bearings)

• Purchase New Crankshaft (Rebuild Current 7-Bolt)

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdoherty420

10+ Year Contributor
Oct 24, 2011
Woburn, Massachusetts
My Nightmare Ebay Engine has struck again. Already rebuilt the head @ approx 10-12k because of burnt exhaust valve. Now at 21k my engine developed a serious case of crankwalk (My WORST Nightmare). I never trusted the engine since day one because of the condition I received it in, always referred to it as the Engine from Hell. The Ebay Posting claimed it was rebuilt by Jasper Engines Ready to Run with 0 miles turbo long block. It was pretty much a short block with all the turbo parts put on, with missing and loose hardware. Wasn't even a turbo block, ended up drilling a hole in the block for the turbo coolant line. Needless to say, I pilled the pan and inspected the internals expecting it to be a lie as well. To my surprise the internals were spotless and all tight, it appeared to have 0 miles on it and it did have a Jasper Engines Tag on the side of the block. So at least some of the posting appeared to be true. Please don't be stupid like me and buy a engine from Ebay, no matter how good the seller's rating is (that's a whole other story of my stupidity). If it seems like to good of a deal to be true it most likely is. Please don't comment on my stupidity, I don't need to be reminded of it many of times. I have learned from my mistake and hope to keep anyone else from making the same mistake. I'm sure there's a chance you could get lucky but chances are slim I will probably never buy another engine online, unless I get a fair amount of very high recommendations on company/builder. Then maybe I'll consider it.

WTB: 7-Bolt Short Block or maybe a 6-Bolt Long Block. Preferably in running condition, or am willing to buy one that needs a rebuild as long as the price is right and has a good crank. Prefer a June 97-99 7-bolt Short Block with split thrust bearings, but will most likely take whatever I can get at the moment to get my car back on the road asap. If anyone has a good 7-Bolt crankshaft (1992-97 7-Bolt) I may be interested in buying just the crank to rebuild my current engine. Prefer to buy from someone located in or near Massachusetts so I can Inspect it before purchase so I don't end up with another headache.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back