The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

My Story

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I had PTE/Delphi 1000's as well.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Stock fuel filter with 5/16" fittings brazed onto the factory stuff. Fuel injection hose clamped over those.

The auto runs and drives as of yesterday at 2 am. Made it to MOD after throwing some bits and pieces together in order to make it.

For now it's just a pipe going from the turbo outlet to the throttle body with no intercooler but it gets up on the stock stall pretty well. Should be able to see whatever psi I want off the line since it goes past the 3000 rpm mark.

The auto runs and drives as of yesterday at 2 am. Made it to MOD after throwing some bits and pieces together in order to make it.

For now it's just a pipe going from the turbo outlet to the throttle body with no intercooler but it gets up on the stock stall pretty well. Should be able to see whatever psi I want off the line since it goes past the 3000 rpm mark.

Nice! I really look forward to seeing how your car does with the auto in there. I'm getting ready to tear down my motor and "freshen it up." Rering, hone, valve job and new bearings in the bottom end.

Even without the nitrous I was able to build any amount of boost I wanted with the HX35, it just took a few seconds. Are you going to shift manually with full line pressure (blue wire) or are you running a chip in the TCU..??

Just got done with the blue wire mod controlled by the FPS, triggered above 2 psi right now(only running 9 LOL

I would like to be able to just put it into drive. I'm thinking it will shift closer to 8k since the revs will be climbing somewhat quicker than stock and there is a delay from when the ECU commands the shift and when it actually does. We will see after I get the intercooler piping done. Had to move the bottom of the radiator forward about 3 inches to get everything to work out how I want so it's taking a little longer than anticipated.

Good thread, nice to see what can be done if you take your time and do things right. How much difference is there between the auto awd exhaust vs. the 5sp awd exhaust?

I'm guessing the 5sp down pipe will come up about an 1" short to the 02 correct? I picked up an auto car recently and was going to swap my old exhaust from my 5sp car into it until you mentioned the differences in the mounts.

Nice. I think I would have went that route too, maybe burned an eprom chip, if the TCU in my auto car wasn't destroyed. I went the manumatic route myself, it's kind of cool though, the V8 guys get a kick outta seeing the hurst ratchet shifter in my DSM.

I had to do the same thing with my inter cooler piping. The upper pipe was all screwed up (punishment kit) because the half that comes through the radiator support barely hits the tranny's pan and put it at a bad angle. I was in a hurry, clamped it down and dented my hood from the tial bov sitting too high. :ohdamn:

I'm amazed so far at what this stock 100,000 mile + tranny has done this past year in my car. What flex plate and bolts are you using?

Stock flex plate bolts and stock flex plate- we will see what happens. The car will be torn back apart this winter anyway.

I moved the radiator forward so I can route my pre IC pipe just behind it and through the frame(also so I can use the stock fan). Top to bottom IC so both outlets are on the passenger side and kind of a PITA with an auto. The cold side pipe just has to clear the gear selector which shouldn't be much of an issue.

The exhaust surprisingly bolted right up without issue and I don't even have a flex section. I will reweld some of it in the near future since I'm sure it's stressing something. Kenny, a local, has been using his 5 spd exhaust all season although he has a flex section.

Stock flex plate bolts and stock flex plate- we will see what happens. The car will be torn back apart this winter anyway.

I moved the radiator forward so I can route my pre IC pipe just behind it and through the frame(also so I can use the stock fan). Top to bottom IC so both outlets are on the passenger side and kind of a PITA with an auto. The cold side pipe just has to clear the gear selector which shouldn't be much of an issue.

The exhaust surprisingly bolted right up without issue and I don't even have a flex section. I will reweld some of it in the near future since I'm sure it's stressing something. Kenny, a local, has been using his 5 spd exhaust all season although he has a flex section.

I dont understand how the exhausts would be different when the dp goes under the oil pan. It doesnt have anything to do with the trans.. :confused:

I dont understand how the exhausts would be different when the dp goes under the oil pan. It doesnt have anything to do with the trans.. :confused:

The front and rear motor mount brackets are different so the engine sits a little differently than a 5-speed. :)

this thread is gotten me excited i have a b16g awd auto colt in progress,

so are u running any forged internals and what are u tuning with???

Are the tracks closed up in Wis? I have followed your progress pretty close ever since you started runnin a HX35. Our combos are very close except I'm runnin a Hy35, Evo3 intake and a 2g head. Plus, My car is a factory Auto. Good luck with it, Lets see some 10.5s at least.

I didn't have any issues with my exhaust either (also running a flex section), thankfully. That auto is quite a bit bigger than the 5 speed so I see how that fmic could be a pain in the ass. I'm also running a stock flex plate and using cut down ARP chevy 700R4 converter bolts. They have loosened up on me one time so far but I caught it early enough so it didn't damage the flex plate. I just tightened them down as much as I could and it's been fine for months.

The front and rear motor mount brackets are different so the engine sits a little differently than a 5-speed. :)

Yep, the auto mounts look like they move the engine a little closer to the radiator.

What are some signs that the bolts are backing out?

Stock 6 bolt and Jackal to tune with on a 3bar map sensor. The winter plans are just a 2g piston 1g rod combo with a 2g head and evo3 intake mani. Collecting dust until I get some passes on the stock motor or maybe even until it blows up. Damn thing is a workhorse! Manual car, SL-R, now this car. I guess it really depends on how the composite felpro gasket holds if/when the boost is turned up from 30 to 35 psi.

Tracks are still open for a little while but I would eventually love a 10.5 on street tires. It would be quite an accomplishment on the factory rims/tires on the car now... FD's won't be on until I ditch the stock suspension.

Stock 6 bolt and Jackal to tune with on a 3bar map sensor. The winter plans are just a 2g piston 1g rod combo with a 2g head and evo3 intake mani. Collecting dust until I get some passes on the stock motor or maybe even until it blows up. Damn thing is a workhorse! Manual car, SL-R, now this car. I guess it really depends on how the composite felpro gasket holds if/when the boost is turned up from 30 to 35 psi.

Tracks are still open for a little while but I would eventually love a 10.5 on street tires. It would be quite an accomplishment on the factory rims/tires on the car now... FD's won't be on until I ditch the stock suspension.

Matt, we should get her finished and get er dialed in and come to the track with us this weekend!! :thumb: Least I think Kp said something about a track day this weekend!

With mine I noticed a funny kind of click/tick sound when on decel. I was pulling into my driveway when I heard it and I could duplicate it just free revving in neutral. I got under the car and that was the first thing I checked, bolts were not as tight as they should have been so I just cranked them down with an extension and swivel through the inspection cover.

A little update:

The car is doing great at 25-26 psi so far. Had an issue flaring into 3rd gear at part throttle but hasn't really come back since unhooking the battery and letting it sit for a while. Almost done wiring in the WBo2 and changing the fuel filter again then it will be back to 30 psi and take some fuel back out(added quite a bit to be safe). Should see the track the 12th and/or the 16th, still a lot to finish by then though.

A little update:

The car is doing great at 25-26 psi so far. Had an issue flaring into 3rd gear at part throttle but hasn't really come back since unhooking the battery and letting it sit for a while. Almost done wiring in the WBo2 and changing the fuel filter again then it will be back to 30 psi and take some fuel back out(added quite a bit to be safe). Should see the track the 12th and/or the 16th, still a lot to finish by then though.

Nice! You could trying turning up the line pressure on the adjustment screw of the valve body if you keep having the flaring issues. It probably isn't an issue at WOT as you're running full line pressure, just part throttle when in boost I assume?

I will get pics sometime soon, too busy getting the car ready :p

I thought about dropping the pan but it hasn't done it since so I will keep going with current plans.

Manifold used 1-1/4" weld els. The ID is actually larger than that but I'm not sure of the exact size. Either way the sum of the area between the 4 runners was larger than the scrolls in the turbine housing.

WBo2 is wired in and boost gauge no longer held by the passenger with a flashlight. In cabin boost control is where the cigarette lighter was. Hopefully do some logs tomorrow and make sure this other 255 is going to hold up. Best wishes for the trans, too :)

10.73@128 with a 1.6 60' and then got kicked of the track for no cage. Definitely needs less tire pressure and/or less power off the line, spun the QTP's pretty good through first. Mixture of a stock center diff and stock suspension unloading the front tires. Not a bad start but still a lot of work to do before a different and better prepped track this Sunday, then hoping to get the hx35 ET record.

3rd gear isn't happy and slips going in at WOT. Should be good for a couple more passes then start on the trans refresh.

WOW...thats pretty good for first time on the auto!! Few questions, how does it spool off the line and how many seconds does it take before leaving? What was the boost pressure? Im sure the TS is helping a bunch.

I will get pics sometime soon, too busy getting the car ready :p

I thought about dropping the pan but it hasn't done it since so I will keep going with current plans.

Manifold used 1-1/4" weld els. The ID is actually larger than that but I'm not sure of the exact size. Either way the sum of the area between the 4 runners was larger than the scrolls in the turbine housing.

WBo2 is wired in and boost gauge no longer held by the passenger with a flashlight. In cabin boost control is where the cigarette lighter was. Hopefully do some logs tomorrow and make sure this other 255 is going to hold up. Best wishes for the trans, too :)

Is that good or bad? Which one do you want?

I love this car. Nice work! I'm also going hx35 so this is great stuff. thanks

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back