The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support STM Tuned

My intro and a bov recirc dilemma

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PlumOne

Probationary Member
Apr 17, 2017
Brighton, Colorado
Hey every one long time lurker here finally decided to sign up and make a first post. I live in Colorado and bought my 1g Talon over a year ago and have had tons of problems ever since! Failed emissions an embarrassing number of times. Which is my fault for thinking small fixes and tinkerings could pass the sniffer... But I got a new cat and my HC's are passable and I'm currently replacing all my blown exhaust gaskets along with new plugs and wires. Which I'm hoping will bring my NOX down to passable levels. Anyways, about my dilemma.

When I bought the car it had this huge aluminum Injen intake on the turbo so big it could barely fit a small smashed filter on the end. So I trimmed it way down and I can now fit my 2g MAF and a 6in filter. Only issue is that I'm not sure where or "how" to add an inlet on my intake so I can recirculate! I read these posts made years ago about guys trying to find ways around not recirculating and wishing I had the option to even be at point A... I will include a picture so you can visualise my situation better. I'm open for all creative input. I plan on posting a better background history that I feel is an interesting story and progress build pics about this car. (She was very ugly when I first bought her)

Attachments

• 20180507_175755.jpg
    20180507_175755.jpg
    348.9 KB · Views: 99
Hey every one long time lurker here finally decided to sign up and make a first post. I live in Colorado and bought my 1g Talon over a year ago and have had tons of problems ever since! Failed emissions an embarrassing number of times. Which is my fault for thinking small fixes and tinkerings could pass the sniffer... But I got a new cat and my HC's are passable and I'm currently replacing all my blown exhaust gaskets along with new plugs and wires. Which I'm hoping will bring my NOX down to passable levels. Anyways, about my dilemma.

When I bought the car it had this huge aluminum Injen intake on the turbo so big it could barely fit a small smashed filter on the end. So I trimmed it way down and I can now fit my 2g MAF and a 6in filter. Only issue is that I'm not sure where or "how" to add an inlet on my intake so I can recirculate! I read these posts made years ago about guys trying to find ways around not recirculating and wishing I had the option to even be at point A... I will include a picture so you can visualise my situation better. I'm open for all creative input. I plan on posting a better background history that I feel is an interesting story and progress build pics about this car. (She was very ugly when I first bought her)
You cut a hole and weld a pipe in. If that isnt an option you buy a new pipe. Given you odd angle bov custom fab may help.

You know what Panda, I actually really like this idea. I'm sure I can find a tap larger than an inch in diameter. I tapped my manifold today to install an egt probe with no issues so hopefully it will go just as smooth on my intake.

You cut a hole and weld a pipe in. If that isnt an option you buy a new pipe. Given you odd angle bov custom fab may help.
I was set on heading over to a local shop tommorow morning and asking them to weld one on for me and just be done with it. Panda suggested drill and tapping which I think will be a cheaper option for me. If I mess that up some how I'll take it to a shop and let a pro handle it. Thanks for your input pauleyman, nice to hear from a wiseman.

I was set on heading over to a local shop tommorow morning and asking them to weld one on for me and just be done with it. Panda suggested drill and tapping which I think will be a cheaper option for me. If I mess that up some how I'll take it to a shop and let a pro handle it. Thanks for your input pauleyman, nice to hear from a wiseman.
Panda wasnt talking about the recirc hose

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back