1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Trouble Logging In or Staying Logged In?

CLEAR YOUR BROWSER COOKIES! More info about this can be found here. If you still have trouble after clearing your browser's cookies and cache, reply to that thread and tell us what browser you're using and what device you're using.

My ducted radiator setup - road racing

Posted by eclipsegsx1736, Dec 14, 2010

Please Support VR Speed Factory
  1. eclipsegsx1736

eclipsegsx1736 Supporting VIP

Joined Nov 11, 2003
    Los Angeles, California
    Here are some videos guys! Make sure to view these in HD (720 or 1080)! You may have to open the videos in Youtube to change the quality. Sorry for the rattle, the GoPro was attached to the sunroof which apparently rattles quite a bit. The first video is few laps through traffic in HPDE3. All data is gathered through the AEM AQ-1, including GPS track data. Notice the little sideways action I got through turn 9, see the 2nd video for a view of the same slide from the following car LOL

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/77J-Q38DJno" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Jn2rwF2Ekug" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Beau

My DSM:
    1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX

Road Race Build

GT30   manual

Featured Products from our Supporting Vendors

2. ed1380

ed1380 Proven Member

Joined Sep 29, 2007
    ATL, Georgia
    I like that overlay a lot!! How did you get a brake sensor hooked up?

3. Sebba

Sebba Banned Member

Joined May 11, 2006
    Austin, Texas
    Is turn 9 off camber? That would probably catch me out.... but that looks mighty fun! Only 12psi too?

Awesome that AEM can give you all the information the TraqMate can without the cost. I didn't know that.

I really like your driving style too, good stuff.

4. eclipsegsx1736

eclipsegsx1736 Supporting VIP

Joined Nov 11, 2003
    Los Angeles, California
    Thanks! Throttle is from the TPS sensor, but "Brake" is just derived from longitudinal acceleration/deceleration. On my race car I have an actual brake pressure sensor that I'll hook in to the AQ-1.

Thanks man! Yeah, boost was turned down, wasn't going out there to set any lap times, just for the track time and experience. The AQ-1 is really powerful for the price. Turn 9 is off camber (-2* I believe). That banked turn is 11-12* bank.

My DSM:

Road Race Build

GT30   manual
  5. cait sith

cait sith Proven Member

Joined Nov 22, 2002
    Brooklyn, New York
    Not to bump an old thread or anything but I've been doing some ducting on my own as well, although I built it with the stock radiator in mind and a cheap SSAC FMIC:

[​IMG]

Fitting.

[​IMG]

If I got rid of the hood latch, I could get rid of all the cuts on the top.

Total cost was about 50-60 bucks with the sheet metal + aluminum angle + pop rivets + aluminum tape.

The effects were dramatically better, but I don't have a full road course report due to my crappy clutch deciding to give up the ghost.

Last edited: May 29, 2013
    My DSM:
    1998 Eagle Talon TSi AWD (sold)

Road Race Build

386 whp   340 lb/ft
    1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX (sold)

T28   manual
  6. 95eclipser

95eclipser Proven Member

Joined Feb 3, 2006
    Manassas, Virginia
    Beau.

Please fix your pics!!! i want the full effect of this thread!!!!!!!!!!

My DSM:

Street Build

464 whp   379 lb/ft
    1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX

10.920 @ 133.900 MPH
  7. jakk220

jakk220 Proven Member

Joined Nov 13, 2010
    Akron, Ohio
    +1 on fixing the pictures. I haven't seen this thread yet and would like to check them out

My DSM:
    1997 Eagle Talon N/T (sold)

Autocross Build

manual
    1993 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX

Street Build

16g   manual
  8. rEclipserGST

rEclipserGST Proven Member

Joined Nov 17, 2007
    G-City, Ohio
    Where are the forever pictures?