The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

MPI fuse keeps blowing

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeadlyScone

10+ Year Contributor
Jul 29, 2011
Portland, Oregon
I have a fuel pump re-wire, AEM WB simulating 02 sensor, and dsmlink v3 full, and HKS full auto turbo timer. I haven't had this issue in a long time(4-5 months) but my mpi fuse keeps blowing. I can start the car and drive it for a couple mins and it blows the fuse. The first time it did it 4-5 months ago it blew and i replaced it and it didn't give me a problem. It happened tonight on the way home and replaced it, drove 2 miles, parked, started it then drove for a couple mins and it blew and now it just keeps blowing quicker. Side note i was getting a DTC for 0021(Engine coolant circuit malfunction) and i have had to redo some wiring at the connector for the temp sensor on the thermo housing. the dtc is not on anymore.

What can cause it to blow?
Does it have to be within the MPI circuit?

All the junk attached must be attached to the MPI part of the battery connection, which is overloading that portion of the circuit causing the fuse to blow.

In the electric world you need to split up multiple connections coming off of one source .. equally. If you overload one portion of the split, it will overload the circuit and cause some nasty things to happen .. why the MPI fuse is blowing.

Spread your connections around evenly.

Would a bad battery promote this problem?

So you're saying I have too much stuff hooked up to my battery?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back