The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

moving to MT soon

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blizz99

15+ Year Contributor
Sep 21, 2005
Zeeland, Michigan
I recently got orders to Montana so I'll be there in a few months. Just wondering what it's like up there and how the DSM and car scene is like up there. My profile is updated with my car info. Hope to meet some of y'all soon.

I currently live in billings mt and there is not much for the scene there are a few around but not many. I am currently looking for buying a 2g eclipse gsx and there are like none for sale in billings an I don't see many running around town. :banghead:

There are a few dsms running around bet they are getting farther and farther apart from a site. Not many I want one super bad.

I think if you're going to live out there you have to modify your mindset.

For instance I grew up in the middle of nowhere. Instead of building a slammed perfect 2gb with 18"s you have to see that would be impractical on bad roads, snow, etc. You can instead build a tough rally car. Just as cool but fits your lifestyle better.

Instead of looking at MT as a boring place, think of it as a place you can save money, really get to know the locals, and have plenty of time to reflect on your own life. It's all in your mindset. Who knows, some people love rural locations and never end up going back to the city life.

That's probably one of the most adult replies I've ever seen on this forum. Props to you!

The wife and I have been looking into that area and are planning to expand our horizons when it comes to outdoor activities. I've already been talking to someone that is local to the town I'll be at and he's been giving me a lot of good information and is going to show me around when I get there.

I've grown up building 1/4 mile drag cars so I'll never change that. I might build a rally car if everything works out right. I have a few buddies here right now that are BIG into rallying so I would have their help as far as questions.

All in all, we're starting to think that this move will be a good, fresh start for us. We've been calling it our "New family adventure". I think I'm just dreading the job more than anything.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back