The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

Mitsubishi oil filter part number

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DROOPY209

15+ Year Contributor
Jun 23, 2004
NorCal, California
ok, i've searched,

i need the mitsubishi part numbers to the big 1g oil filter, and the 3000 gt oil filter as well.

everytime i go in for my oil filters, they always ask for the vin number.

thanks

I still have one at home. I'll post it up when I get home. It is my understanding though that Mitsubish has discontinued the 1G big oil filter. They now cross them all over to the newer smaller filters.

oddrob said:
I've blown out to many Mitsu oil filters, I don't think they seal as well as others. Just my $.02.

No chit? Most people around here are saying "go oem". But I see you are running over 500 HP. So what oil filter do you use?

Out of curiosity, is your car a daily driver or what?

the Mitsubishi oem big oil filter part number is

MD031805

that filter also works for the 3000gt as well

its fat, I'm not sure if it will clear most people's 3" downpipe.

yeah, I heard the "big" 1G/6-bolt oil filter was discontinued as well. The EVO filter fits also; it isn't as big, but it's bigger than the small filter (MD325714)

http://www.plymouthlaser.com/filters.htm

I actually use Super-Tech oil filters from Wal-Mart, the PN comparable to the big 1G filter. They were on clearance for like $2 so I bought the 5 they had left. I've also used OEM, Purolator, and Bosch and haven't noticed any difference between them. The seal on the OEM is round instead of flat like the others, which I found to be interesting

MZ690116

Attachments

• Picture 268.jpg
    Picture 268.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 773
I do not know if this will help you or not, but WIX makes very nice quality oil filters also. The part number for the WIX big 1g oil filter is 51381. If this information does not help you, then maybe it will help others :thumb:

RamenPride said:
I actually use Super-Tech oil filters from Wal-Mart,
I'd switched to them as well, for the O-ring seal instead of the usual square-section gasket. I got another a few nights ago, and now it has the square gasket again. Must've used up the last batch, I guess. :confused:

I do not know if this will help you or not, but WIX makes very nice quality oil filters also. The part number for the WIX big 1g oil filter is 51381. If this information does not help you, then maybe it will help others :thumb:

Thats what i run in my 2g, WIX 51381 much better then the 2g oil filter... either give them the part number, or tell them you have a 92 GSX:hellyeah:

Thats what i run in my 2g, WIX 51381 much better then the 2g oil filter... either give them the part number, or tell them you have a 92 GSX:hellyeah:

Did you even look at the date of the post before yours?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back