The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CatalystEclipse

Probationary Member
Jul 31, 2017
peekskill, New_York
So i recently bought a 99 eclipse gs and got the head gasket done and now after the first start up of day and i drive maybe a 1/4 a mile the CEL comes on blinks i stop giving it gas it stops blinking it will misfire once or twice and then it drives like normal beside when driving on any inclined roads i tend to lose a bit of power. help a new guy out please

Scan the vehicle for any codes it may be throwing. They are stored in the ECU even if the CEL isn't lit up currently. Did you or a shop replace the gasket? If you didn't have the head resurfaced and torque the head in sequence and use new head bolts, there's a possibility it didn't seal. You can do a compression or leakdown test to confirm this. Also, ensure you have the correct plugs and they are gapped to the correct gap for your car.

Scan the vehicle for any codes it may be throwing. They are stored in the ECU even if the CEL isn't lit up currently. Did you or a shop replace the gasket? If you didn't have the head resurfaced and torque the head in sequence and use new head bolts, there's a possibility it didn't seal. You can do a compression or leakdown test to confirm this. Also, ensure you have the correct plugs and they are gapped to the correct gap for your car.
It was a shop i took it back to same shop and he said it misfired because he didn't clear the ECU. He cleared and misfired again the next day

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back