The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Max boost on t25 untuned

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dawson159

5+ Year Contributor
Nov 13, 2017
Billings, Montana
I have a 98 Eclipse gst with a freshly rebuilt t25 turbo in it. I live in billings Montana and there isn’t one professional tuner in the whole city so if I ever want to tune the car I’m going to have to drive somewhere or buy and learn how to use dsm link. I was wondering how much boost I can run without a tune because I read that turning it up makes your car run lean and I don’t want to blow up my car I was thinking 1-2 more pounds or can I not turn it up at all? I’m running 10 pounds of boost rn with a few upgrades the previous owner did and a manual boost controller
I’m a noob at this so plz be nice:cry:

This topic been covered a lot, I would just search it Lol. Honestly the t25 is so small, you’re probably going to blow it before you blow your motor. Personal I wouldn’t bother with it, you could run it at 14 or 15 psi if you want, people do it, but even then you’re stressing it out.
Idk what your plans are for your car or if you are new to DSMs, but link is a must. Save yourself some trouble and start saving up for link before you start buying any serious mods

Last edited:
Do you have gauges btw, wideband, boost gauge etc .. ??
I have a boost gauge and the car used to have a wideband a/f ratio gauge but it was stolen when the car was broke into when the previous owner had it

Don't mess with the boost until you have something to log with. Just because someone else's car was able to do it wont mean your car will be able to.

Knowing your boost level is great, so is knowing your af/r. But both only part of what you need to know. Normally I would suggest one to you, but I think you can run a generic OBDII cable and an android app. I'm not totally sure for the 2g.

I suggest not messing with boost running the T25. Factory boost which is about 12psi is matched to the T25's compressor's efficiency & more boost will push it to higher intake air temps basically cancelling out the increased boost. I would change the BOV before anything with an EVO 9 metal BOV (or 1g) & check for any boost leaks to fix. The T25 is so small that almost anything you do will not make enough difference that the stock ECU couldn't already handle & compensate for. Also, do all your regular maintenance, timing belf, before anything & including new NGK BPR6ES plugs & check the plug wires. And don't space out going through chassis, suspension, & brakes. These cars are pushing 20-25 years old these days.

Max boost on t25 untuned?

Answer:
:aha:More than stock, less than required to break something.:thumb:
(1-2 more pounds over stock is fine, and about all you can do before your plastic topped OEM recalculation valve starts leaking anyway)

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back