The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Make clean bumper quick disconnect kit

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

In this thread I’ll be showing you how to make a quick bumper disconnect that cost me $20 and looks pretty good in my opinion. You will need to buy these push button lock pins. You can google them or look for them on eBay.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Next thing you will need to fabricate an L bracket such as this one. I don’t have the dimensions but they would technically change depending where you decide to place your push button. (I will get the dimensions from my brackets later to give a reference and starting point)

Next thing I did was mark where I wanted to place my push button lock. I placed it in the middle of the two guide pins under the square tab

The back side of the push button has a pretty decent sized nut so you really just need the holethe size of the threads and you’ll be good. I used my drill for this. I also cut out the square tab on the bumper so that the bolt for the L bracket would not rub

I then drilled the upper fender where the bumper meets it for the L bracket to bolt up.

I then installed the L bracket and used the push button on the bumper to adjust where I need to place the pin. I made a sliding slot for the pin to have adjustability. I used a locking washer and tightened everything down.

I had to play around with the distance of the pin before I got it just right. Looks pretty good in my opinion.

Ignore the chips LOL I need a new paint job

Do the same to the other side and there you go.

I forgot to mention but I added a nut and bolt on the bottom part of the bracket to prevent the pin from sliding down overtime. its a good thing to have so you don't make a ton of holes guessing where it should go. The nut and bolt are just as a safety precaution.

One other thing. I had to trim the guide pins from the bumper a little bit so that they would clear the distance from the pin to the fender. if not they will not snap in.

Last edited by a moderator:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back