The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

magnus oil filter

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I just did my 6 month service and that means my oil filter was only 6 months old. Before i installed i made sure everything is tight. Fast forward 6 months todate and the case is loose and not leaking but was a little difficult to remove all together. Thats not the major issue though. The magnet on the inside comes loose and some of the glue or what ever it is has dried up and was in a few pieces so was floating around, so my advice is before you install it take the coating off the magnet and that way it wont have lots of floating parts around when you open it up next!

I will be sending an email off to magnus as they dont make these and ask them if there is another solution to sticking the magnet if they know. and if they have been informed of the issue yet.

product is great but the glue and the 2 pieces seperating a little is warning to keep an eye on it.

Attachments

• DSC_1574.JPG
    DSC_1574.JPG
    726.5 KB · Views: 243
  • DSC_1573.JPG
    DSC_1573.JPG
    913.3 KB · Views: 208
  • DSC_1576.JPG
    DSC_1576.JPG
    772.6 KB · Views: 218
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back