The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

maf translator safc2 can i run 750's?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

newtodsm's

10+ Year Contributor
Jul 9, 2009
waterford, Michigan
Like the title says, I have a maf translator and a safc2. I'm wanting to know if i can run 750cc injectors? I had plans on getting dsmlink but im getting married in july I have to cut back on spending money on the eclipse until then. I have did some research and everyone is saying that 650-680cc is the biggest a safc can control, but I have not found anything about a translator and safc2. Thanks for any help

They're the same thing. That's just like putting a SAFC onto the output of another SAFC. You can "control" any injector you want with those piggybacks, it's just that you'll be seriously fighting knock and trying not to destroy your engine while running pretty rich if you use non-E85 pump gas fuel.

You need to understand how those devices allow you to use larger injectors before you start tuning them. They both alter the airflow signal to the ECU, making it calculate that there's less air entering the engine and therefore requiring less injector pulse width (so you get the right amount of fuel by opening higher flowing injectors for a shorter time).

If you lower the airflow that the ECU sees, the ECU uses a lower load number and in turn uses a higher ignition advance. Too much timing advance and you detonate. Not as much a problem for people running E85, since the stoichiometric AFR for the high alcohol content fuel is so much richer than for gas. E85 also requires more timing advance for proper burn time than regular gas, which plays well to the use of an SAFC also.

You can run 750s with an SAFC but its not recommended since the max correction you can do with an SAFC is 50%. I recommend 720 injectors with an SAFC, also get some sort of logger if possible, if not I wouldn't go bigger than 680s just to make sure you wont blow anything. Also do not tune without a wide-band, you might tune a little too lean and you can guess what happens from there.

Also don't use narrow-band gauges to tune, they're junk and wont tell you exactly what your A/F is.

Ok I just traded a guy off a local forum my safc2 and 750's for his dsmlink v2 and 650's. So now its time to learn how to tune with link. Thanks for the help guys

Wow... What the hell was he thinking? Lol.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back