The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

Machined Valve Covers and T-case

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Uh.... For that price they better be made of some space aged technology that defies gravity allowing for uber wicked lightweight engine...

LOL jk. I'll keep my 10 dollar valve cover and 10 dollar paint.

Ok let's get this straight. I have dibs on the first one off the press. With cutting oil still on it. Cc already on file. I'm just sayin. Been waiting on this for months. Heck I have everything else he makes. This guy makes some great parts and is an all around nice guy. Not a fan of his choice of breakfast Cereal, but hey no one is perfect. Keep up the great work drew.

Ok let's get this straight. I have dibs on the first one off the press. With cutting oil still on it. Cc already on file. I'm just sayin. Been waiting on this for months. Heck I have everything else he makes. This guy makes some great parts and is an all around nice guy. Not a fan of his choice of breakfast Cereal, but hey no one is perfect. Keep up the great work drew.

Wish I had your CC on file for when I built you braces at your request. They are still here in a box. Just sayin.:rolleyes:

EDIT: Louis called and made things right. Thanks you sir!

Last edited:
I wish that was the case.

This is definitely the case, the stock gasket is perfectly fine if you know how to install and torque it down properly. I installed too many to count and never had one leak prematurely. It is the same style gasket that pretty much every ohc car on the market uses.

I had the pleasure of hold and helping installing(I mainly drooled and groped) Andrews prototype valve cover on Tim Zimmer's car. I can not stress how well built the unit is. The tolerance are better than stock and the finish is beyond beautiful. OMG Anyone who ponies up for one of these will not be sorry! :hellyeah:

Simply amazing work that Andrew has done designing this unit!

Here are a few quick pics I snapped. It looks even better with the lines installed. Sorry no pics of that. To busy gabbing like a little girl with my friends. :p

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Here's a pic that was posted on Facebook that shows the lines.

I also had the same opportunity as Kevin (after helping out with some other work on his car) and it's an incredible piece. Very well designed and executed, looks amazing, feels so freakin' solid, and the prototype COP plate makes it look even better...if that's possible :thumb:

That is beautiful. And the machined oil cap tops it off. Thinking about saving for one of these. You guys did say there's a possibility of a normal plug cover that'll match right? Not sure if I'm gonna do the cop upgrade yet or not.

Last edited:
I cant get a v/c gasket to last more than 2 months before it starts leaking.

I bet that is because of installation issues and not the fact that they're crap. I've had the same gasket on there for at least a year with no leaks.

Same here. I used the same Felpro VC gasket kit on two motors and one head swap, with the VC coming off and on countless times...not a single leak. This current one has been through two heads and probably six VC removals with no issues...and it didn't really need to be replaced in the first place.

Just a flat, clean VC with a tiny bit of black RTV in the corners and on the half moon where the FSM states is all it takes. ;)

I can not stress how well built the unit is. The tolerance are better than stock and the finish is beyond beautiful. OMG Anyone who ponies up for one of these will not be sorry! :hellyeah:

Simply amazing work that Andrew has done designing this unit!

Agreed 100%.

Just wait until pics of the matching COP plate start surfacing.

Last edited by a moderator:
That is beautiful. And the machined oil cap tops it off. Thinking about saving for one of these. You guys did say there's a possibility of a normal plug cover that'll match right? Not sure if I'm gonna do the cop upgrade yet or not.

Yes he will be offering a cover for standard plug wires.

Wish I had your CC on file for when I built you braces at your request and they are still here in a box. Just sayin.:rolleyes:

Didn't know you took ccs. Will be happy to give it to you. I have been very busy lately, that's why he has the cc. Didn't even know he took them until recently. Will contact you later today.

I cant wait for mine... Andrew let me know when mine is done, remember the logo needs to be the other way since its for a RWD 4g63 conversion..

Didn't know you took ccs. Will be happy to give it to you. I have been very busy lately, that's why he has the cc. Didn't even know he took them until recently. Will contact you later today.

Thanks for the call and making things right sir! It's much appreciated.

Kevin

these look amazing. Great work! Once my engine is built and ready for some visual upgrades I will be very interested in this. Also, has there been any install and testing of the T/case brace yet?

The t-case braces will be going on a couple other test cars that break t-cases on a regular basis to get abused. Public release will come after I know they work!

My Frontline Fabrication CNC valve cover.. Can I say BLIN BLIN !!!! What a master piece... Why CNC valve cover ??? BECAUSE RACE CAR !!!!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back