The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Rix Racing

Machined Valve Covers and T-case

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lofty

10+ Year Contributor
Jul 27, 2008
Waukesha, Wisconsin
These are far too badass to not want to post here, I figured if you haven't seen them, you might want to.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Not trying to plug for anyone, but this stuff is just simply too awesome to not be posted.

More here

I am definitely putting one of those vc on my new head build this winter. Been pm'ing back and forth with him just waiting for the testing to be done and them to be available:hellyeah:.

Any links for those of us that don't suck the social media d!ck?

Those look ####ing sick. I hope they aren't asking extortionate prices.

I know I was talking to him about the valve covers back in May. Shit is so awesome. Going to be expensive though but so worth it.

SpiderGST said:
I know I was talking to him about the valve covers back in May. Shit is so awesome. Going to be expensive though but so worth it.

I'm so ####ing tired of the bullshit cast covers.

If these are no more than $500 I just may acquire one at a later date.

Those look ####ing sick. I hope they aren't asking extortionate prices

if you have to ask you cant afford. LOL

for a fully custom cnc machined billet aluminum vc price is going to be around 600ish he thinks. Which is an extremely good price considering the cost of a slab of aluminum that is 3 inches thick to start with, r&d and machine time.

I know when i worked at the machine shop just machine time with a machinist was billed at $150/hour.
And for small run production there was a set up fee. I doubt he is going to make 20 of these at a shot to make them more cost effective. I am going to guess since this is all out of pocket for him he is going to do presell or group buys in lots of 5-10 to help minimize cost and keep his $$$ not tied up

for 90% of dsm people this will be one of those products that it will be hard to justify.

To me its a small investment when stuck on a stage 5 head with all high end valve train and components and cams.

I don't need a piece of crap from my 20 year old vc falling out of the baffles and screwing up my heads.

Same thing for the transfer case bracket. alot of people will say " i can buy a new tc for 75-100 bucks why pay $xxx for the brace.

answer is as follows making good power + awd launch with slicks = broken drive train parts

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I found my first early Christmas present to myself.

I don't build cheap, I like to build once and right.

My girlfriend would murder me if I spent 600 on a valve cover LOL. Fawk it.

I don't build cheap, I like to build once and right.

My girlfriend would murder me if I spent 600 on a valve cover LOL. Fawk it.

step one: dump girlfriend
step two: use fast car with kick ass billet vc to get new gf
step three: Fawk new gf
step four: life is good

im married with two kids. my car is my hobby and my wife doesnt care what i spend as long as bills get paid. I have my hobbies and she has hers. If your girlfriend is gunna bi*** about how you spend your money i feel sorry for you. But do you bi*** when she gets a coach purse or spends money on cloths she never wears or makeup etc.

Shits and giggles aside she's awesome, truly. She supports my addiction.

step one: dump girlfriend
step two: use fast car with kick ass billet vc to get new gf
step three: Fawk new gf
step four: life is good

im married with two kids. my car is my hobby and my wife doesnt care what i spend as long as bills get paid. I have my hobbies and she has hers. If your girlfriend is gunna bi*** about how you spend your money i feel sorry for you. But do you bi*** when she gets a coach purse or spends money on cloths she never wears or makeup etc.

I wish there was a "like" button.

Ask for it for xmas/quanza/Chanukah gift. if its to much $$$ for her tell her you will pay some since you ***need it*** to make the car run correctly.

my xmas gift from my wife is always a high end car part that i pay half of. gets her out of trying to figure out what i want and gets me out of paying for the full thing.

where in Austin you live? Have family out in round rock.

But seriously then. if you want it stick a couple hundred away each month and get it. If this is a fight, I feel sorry you ever need to get a stage 5 or dog box trans. Or a big turbo :sneaky:

Like i said 90% of people will not be able to justify it.

I live in South Austin dude. Eh, it's more a matter of priorities. She never gives me shit for my car stuff.

^^^was going to ask the samething. Shit I'm down for a group buy I will have the money for sure on Friday.

Any links for those of us that don't suck the social media d!ck?

Those look ####ing sick. I hope they aren't asking extortionate prices.

I'm so ####ing tired of the bullshit cast covers.

If these are no more than $500 I just may acquire one at a later date.

They are going to be a low production run unit so they will be spendy. They will be more than 500.00. the Chunk of 6061 is around 200+ by itself. Think more like 650 or 700ish I'd think once you add run time.

On the baffles.

The Vc is much more low profile. The fitting are located dead center over the cam caps and very close to them. He is going see if this is going to provide enough shielding first. Then tweak it if need be. We talked a bit about maybe machine the half moon shape cam cap sheild right into the VC if needed. That why this is the test phase.

Kevin

If the half moon was already machined into the valve cover that would be badass. That would mean a custom gasket also right.

All i can say is thats freakin hott. Pricey yes but oh so nice. Group buy would be nice also. Are you going to play around with either powder coating or anodizing them?

Has anyone ever braced their transfer case before?

Yes. Magus built a billet t case bearing housing years ago. This unit goes a step further and brace the whole thing also provides more containment if things do go wrong.

If the half moon was already machined into the valve cover that would be badass. That would mean a custom gasket also right.

No you would not need a custom gasket. The half moons would be located inboard from the gasket.

All i can say is thats freakin hott. Pricey yes but oh so nice. Group buy would be nice also. Are you going to play around with either powder coating or anodizing them?

Highly doubt there will be an kind of group buy.
Andrew may offer anodizing as an option once everything is sorted out. However that is just a guess from the talks we have had. Best to ask the man himself.

Very cool.
But I don't use facebook, is there a real link to these?

Since these are still in the early phase you are only going to find updates and info in threads or facebook. You could call him . Here is his website. Remember the shootout out is come up and he is a one man show and working his damn ass off!!!! He might not get back to you for a while. But don
t take it the wrong way. He is really really busy right now. He sent me the finished picture of the tcase at around 2:30 AM . So he is working VERY long hours right now!
Home | Frontline Fabrication

Another curiosity, are the remaining tooling marks intentional? style? functional?
I've done a bit of milling and it's often desirable to take the time to do additional passes to clean up the final product. Maybe it's glare and the marks are only surface deep?

Either way, I have waay more interest in that tcase brace :)

EDIT: +1 for no social media fellatio, thanks for making this available here.

+1 for the half moon machined into the cover. I hate that piece. So how would the stock gasket work in regard to how you were describing it? Kinda like the aluminum being wrapped around the edge where the gasket sits? Also, this being said, what would in turn buffer the half moon section of the VC from contacting the bare cyl head? Just some simple rtv?

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back