The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

machiene shops in MT

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I can vouch for Engines Etc. but they are heavily backed up right now. I have however alsoheard good things about hartung.

I would NOT recommend Jerry's Custom Engine located in Missoula.

I never got to actually meet the machinst, I got stuck talking to the guy up front, that hadn't a clue to any of the processes. Hindsight, I should have requested to meet the machinist because I want to meet the guy that works on my equipment, not the tard' running the card machine.

Anyway, quoted me a month to go through my block (shave deck, bore/hone cylinders, hone mains for ARP stud installation, balance rotation assembly) and ended up taking over 4 months. I have it all documented. At one point they heated the piss out one of my eagle rods and cracked the small end. The kicker, they said it was like that before. So I showed them pics (talk about CYA) and they ate that $100 rod. (it now makes for a cool beating stick wedged between the seat LOL)

I will say, I measured the cylinder bores and came out exactly where I wanted them to be for a .0035 PTW clearance. Bout the only thing I was impressed with. But my rods, and crank were never hottanked and I got tired of requesting stuff they should be doing automatically. They never done a 4G before me and the prices were kind of high considering the shitty experience.

So I took some small stuff to the guy behind Napa in polson. YES NAPA sponsored machinst. That guy is so friggin awesome back there I wish I gave him all my work. Rates were great and customer relations was better than I'd ever expected. I'd give him a call after a few weeks knowing him and he'd know my name right away. Very respectable guy and knew 100% what he was talking about. Poor guy has a tiny shop, he deserves some more cubic feet and better equipment. Guys name is Rob, tell him Nathan with the turbo Mitsubishi says hi (around early 2012 is when I knew him. I'm the one that left to work the North Dakota oil fields)

Lastly, Bradford machine in Kalispell I had a great experience with too. They knew my name pretty quick and were very knowledgeable guys as well. Being on a college budget I was cheap and had them NOT assemble my head after machining. I had them put new SS valves in, cut seats and shave the head. Okay prices.

Last edited by a moderator:
im was going to jerrys my uncle, dad, and family friend all have went there and had good end products. We will talk to more than just the guy at the front desk though.although that does make me nervous from what you say so i may do bradfords.

Maybe you'll have better experience, I just acknowledged I was the first 4G they had and seemed to care less about my inferior turbo 4 banger. Bradfords is good, have you talked to Rob behind Napa yet? Hes worked on a couple of 4gs before. Rates are good. I told him about the head port mod, he was familiar with it.

Last edited:
In billings the place to take it is Magic City Engine Rebuilders. It's only one guy working out of his garage, but he does the job right.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back