The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

looking for the Saskatchewan DSM'S

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yes eventually DSM's will go up in value, people will get that sentimental feeling like what's happened with older cars that everyone at some point owned. I'm just scared there'll be none left at that point, even in the last 8 years dsm numbers have plummeted.

well why don't you keep it?? LOL

id love to, but i have 4 vehicles and my wifes car. and this car costs more to plate than my other 3 combined
how long before the novelty wears off? ive been driving it for a week and it hasnt yet. its the perfect dd, you cant have a bad day when you get to drive this home at the end of it! i smile everytime i see the pop up headlights!

im thinking i want to swap 1g seats into my colt, they are sooo comfy, as much as i like the stock seat sleeper look, the seats gotta go, they are horrible and ruin the driving experience

yeah the 1g seats are super comfy. I have an extra set of cloth seats in the shed. how much are plates for that? couple years ago it was only like $525 for a year on the Eclipse

$1200 a year. sounds like you entered a loophole, because they wouldnt have had a rate listed for your car. the odd one from the us might have been brought over.
the 95 colt is 700 a year, which most people wouldnt bat an eyelash to the extra 40 a month but that adds up. and the fuel difference is 200-2000 a year depending on my job. just more money for the race car

yikes it must be a eagle vs Mitsubishi thing that your plates would be that high. hopefully it hasn't increased too much. the VR-4 is around $1000 IIRC, but I also get 20% discount.

20% discount will add up big time.....you must have a clean drivers record! My talon is $1300 a year.

If I were you Brandon I'd just keep the 1GA for a few months and see what happens. If you still love it personally I'd just sell one of your other cars (not the CRX!!), your old man still got that place out in Borden? If I had a nice roomy place I'd say just store one of them at my place but well.....I had to get rid of the supra cuz I don't have the room. Oh the tough choices we all have to make.

I got some cloth seats as well that need a new home....

the 90 sold just the other day, i got a down payment and its still here obviously.
its going to a very enthusiastic enthusiast (hehe) he has a crazy genesis turbo

please don't give it to a kid who's gonna destroy it and give our DSMs an even worse reputation! LOL

20% is 10% good driving, 10% farm location hehe

At lest he might have an idea of what he's getting into then from his genesis experience.
And here I was thinking it bumped into you tonight on 8th......then I noticed a asian kid in the drivers seat and was like...ya no that's not Brandon!

Oh ya I also seen your ad there on kijiji, what years that 1g awd tran? I could use a good spare as I don't think mine will take much more then stock power levels at its current bill of health haha
What diff's do you all have and do you have axles as well? I need to hoard a few spare parts.

Last edited:
i have nothing for axles, why are you interested in diffs? you have an lsd 4 bolt, your set.
how does yours shift? thats all that really matters.
all the jacks shep etc do to strengthen the gearset is tighten up the backlash on the gears. the tighter backlash is harder on the bearings but makes the gears mesh better and that strengthens them. you do get to a point where you will strip gears off somewhere over 400 tq.

im saying another stock trans might not be the answer
have you replaced your clutch bushings yet? or welded the assembly? if you havent get on it for better shifting

i have an evo 1 gearset that i dont have listed, cause i dont want to sell it, but it has the super awesome tall evo first gear, which gives you a super fast 1/2 shift because the gears are so much closer. and it has the taller 5th gear, for those ecomodders out there.

do you have a 4 bolt lsd rear? I really need one

no four bolt, i dont know where youd find one either. maybe a parts car will pop up

yeah keeping my eye open. also looking for suspension stuff this spring. I'm going to grab that clutch from Andrew (is that his name again? LOL) and hopefully makes some runs at SIR and the fastest street car in Swift

yeah nekid is andrew. 2 months till sir opens, get on it

I gotta wait till it warms up, I don't have no heated shop LOL

@mike- LOL heat?? Its not that cold...warmest winter in 2 decades they say. I know where a 4 bolt lsd rear is if your looking. Amigos has a red 93 or 94 awd in everythings still there. Did yoy end up buying that vr4 from bucks?

@Brandon- i havent rebuilt my clutch pedal assembly but every other bushings been changed. My tran also pops out of 4th when ever i touch the throttle unless i hold it (andrew can confirm that one) the only 2 things i can think of that would cause that are possibly a woren shift fork or engine mounts.
I mainly just want a spare tran that i could swap in in a pinch if it came to it.
The 90-91 tran i have i need to reshim the gear sets and the 93 i believe has a broken 1-2 shift fork and the synro is gone on 4th.

No its been a great winter, but I still ain't gonna be tearing apart the car until it's well above zero LOL last year I worked on my tractors in -30 and that sucked.

I also haven't been to bucks about that vr-4, I just don't have any spare money right now.

im no expert but i would think the popping out of gear is a worn out hub sleeve/dog teeth. it could be a problem with the rail though. what it is doesnt matter itll have to come apart
changing the shifter bushings does nothing, (this is not fact it is strictly my opinion)all that does is stiffen up the whole assembly. taking out the flex of the rubber bushings. where does all this aggresive shift energy go when you eliminate the bushings?
i bet a LOT of it goes to the shift forks! i broke a few on my first colt, i had the solid brass bushings on the trans and solid mounted shifter base, i thought it was a great mod when i did it.

pretty much every 1g ive had needed the clutch bushings done, i only ever did one of them and it was awesome after i did.

mike- i just did a clutch/trans job in a 1ga, it took me a lot of swearing to get the trans in and out. from now on ill pull the engine to do that job. (its what ive always done in colts because lack of room) it is super tight in there, i had to remove the front engine mount, and angle the engine, and the trans is 120 lbs so yeah just thought id mention that

The vr4 would be crushed by now anyways. Bucks turn around is pretty quick, imports dont last long there before they're gone.
@ brandon- well your far more experienced then me so i'll only be to willing to hear what you got to say. Guess i'll have to tear one of my trans down this weekend and see if i can get it fixed. No point putting a new engine in with a badly wore out tran. Might just pay a visit to jacks transmission and buy a evo 3 setup.

well i know 99 percent of the dsm community would go against me on that one, everybody does the skateboard bearings and stuff, it does feel a lot better, but fix your clutch pedal assembly.
drill an extra roll pin on the 3/4 shift fork just like shep does, if its a 92-99 trans. then itll never break

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back