The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Looking for reputable welder

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blu92

10+ Year Contributor
Aug 20, 2011
Dale City, Virginia
I'm putting together a hi flo cat for my Eclipse but have no experience welding. Anyone know of a reputable welder in the Prince William/Stafford area? A couple muscle car guys I know talked about Roberts in Stafford. Anyone here use his services or any other local welders?

I know of a welder in Stafford area right off of Potomac creek drive, he is a big dsm guy aswell probably 6-7 1 and 2g cars there right now

Thanks for the reply. This regional forum is usually pretty dead. I actually found out a buddy of mine is a welder. Best of all he'll do it for beer money. Just need this exhaust welded, then replace my water pump and I'll be back on the road so something else can break.

Thanks for the reply. This regional forum is usually pretty dead. I actually found out a buddy of mine is a welder. Best of all he'll do it for beer money. Just need this exhaust welded, then replace my water pump and I'll be back on the road so something else can break.
Gotta try to learn it yourself if you can. I've had a harbor freight flux core welder sitting on my shelf for a year. Some knock it, some say it is a great value.

I've tried a few basic welds and I am impressed.

I have the same one. I'm getting to the point where my tacks don't look like shit as long as I'm not under a car. The smoke from the flux makes it hard to see sometimes.

I hear that, hoping to meet a few folks local see if I can buy anything from them LOL, just bought a talon and it needs alot

I have the same one. I'm getting to the point where my tacks don't look like sh** as long as I'm not under a car. The smoke from the flux makes it hard to see sometimes.

You are way ahead of me then! Lol!

I hear that if you change the wire over to miller wire you are set...or something like that. I haven't really looked into it yet.

Do your tacks hold at least?

Yeah. With that hf flux mig I had to turn the wire speed way down since there's no real power adjustment.ill try the miller wire.

I'm getting pretty good with that welder. There is a low and high setting on it. I burn right through things when I weld on high though.

I haven't used mine for awhile. Bought the miller wire but have yet to use it.

I haven't used mine for awhile. Bought the miller wire but have yet to use it.
Let me know how it goes. I've been welding like crazy with the original wire.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back