The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

Looking for 4g64/g4cs answers? LOOK HERE!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I used Manley rods in my build without clearance issues....

Please I know all the benefits of the turbo if I am posting in the incorrect place please let me know.

Due to class rules in our local road racing club our break comes at 2.5 no turbo engines are allowed.[FARRAUSA]. There are no weight limits.
Fastest car in class now a BMW 2.5 and a Honda civic w/ k24/k20 combo so my choice of going 64/63 combo. Need more comp than the 11 to 1 need to get to at least 12 1/2 to 1, long duration cams planning of using the 2g head and intake w/ a nice ram type CAI.
Want to get to 260 HP if possible.
Will stock 64 pistons hold up? would like to go E85.
Any ideas will be very welcome.

There is also 2 coolant holes on the block deck that I think should be drilled to make it to the 2.0 block/head

Manley turbo tuff I beams need clearance at the bottom of the bore because he shoulder on the big end of the rod come in contact.

The oil pan on number 3-4 area needs clearance for the rods also.

Was looking at a Manley crank for a G4CS engine, then discovered Manley doesn't make cranks for a 6 bolt. So, my question is, what companies make a good crank for the G4CS capable of supporting 700WHP?

I've read that stock ones are only good up to 500whp

It is going to be my daily driver for a time, my target is 600whp, but I want to build the block to handle 700 or more, just to be on the safe side. Do it once, do it right.

Unless my version of "right" is horribly out-a-whack. In which case please correct me.

Yes the Magnus crank will handle anything and everything you could throw at it, with a good tune of course. I got there 2.4 long rod rotating assembly

so the weakest link is the pistons, then the rods, and lastly the crank? (on a 6 bolt) well, depending on whether Magnus will discount a full rotating assembly for me, I may just get the whole thing from Magnus. Thanks for the input

quick question.... with a 2.4 (G4CS or 4G64) with a 63 head which timing cover do you use. the 2.4 or the 2.0?

i am using the 63 timing cover and with base timing set to the 5* mark on the cover it runs like shit, and my CAS is almost all the way advanced.

did i use the wrong cover?

What cam gears are you using? I used the 4G63 timing cover with my G4CS/4G63 head setup, but I had to use adjustable cam gears and set them correctly to get the timing right.

AEM tru time adjustables.... but its not mechanical timing i'm interested in... it's ignition.

which lower timing cover is used?

In my personal experience, I used the 63 lower cover. It worked just fine other than a few of the upper bolts holes had to enlarged due to the taller deck. I had searched and searched but couldn't find a definite answer but I figure, its essentially the same block and a longer crank throw. The pistons ideally would be at tdc at the same time, so it should have the same ignition timing. Maybe I'm looking at it incorrectly but I know for a fact that using the 63 cover worked fine for my 64 block/63 head combo.

Does anybody have any experience with a re manufactured crank? I see on rock auto you can get a sonata crank for 199.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back