The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

local dsm mechanic

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jstreett

Probationary Member
Sep 5, 2009
gap, Pennsylvania
I need to find someone that could help me work on my car. i live in lancaster PA if anyone lives your my area and has a place in mind where i could take my car let me know please

It's best to post this in the local forum. Bud.

I goto DMS Performance in Dillsburg.

Ah misread, I thought you were asking about a garage/shop to take it too LOL.

What's up with the vehicle?

its hard to explain ever since i took it to my garage up here and they changed all the belts it seems like when i get up to 5000 rpm i cant go any farther because it vibrates so much and my check engine lite is on saying turbo actuator malfunction

would this have anything to do with the boost control solenoid?

internal Wastegate.

i did some research and found that what the codes for.
now that part cannot set any type of code since its mechanical.
so, what/why is the code set.

How much boost is the car currently running?
and what is the current setup on the car?
and is the boost control solenoid still hooked to vacuum line?

Well have you checked if your boost solenoid is routed correctly?? Or hooked up at all??

If your unsure where it is, its right under your air intake hose bolted close to your coolant overflow tank. Check if all vacuum hoses are attached.

yes it includes the timing belt, and its boosting at 14.5 psi the car ran fine when i got it and then like 3 months later i was driving one day and got on it for a friend and the car almost like cuts out soon as it starts to boost so i cant even give it full throttle with out it cutting out.i mean if i had a garage i would check into it more but its just way to cold for me to do it outside

Sorry didn't realize your throwing a code, I was thinking maybe the oil pump was off, but i don't believe that would throw a code. or at least it didn't in my first gen when a professional mechanic ####ed up my timing.... the reason I learned how to time a dsm.

My boost solenoid is disconnected i checked that out today and thats why the check engine lite is coming up code p1104 turbocharger waste gate solenoid

I'm guessing whoever did the belts, didn't get the balance shaft belt right. Either its not timed right or the tension isn't right. Having the wrong tension will make it vibrate. I would help, but I'm not working on cars anymore.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back